for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. When to use Shampoo and Conditioner

When to use Shampoo and Conditioner Rss

I was wondering the other day, when do you stop using the baby shampoo's or the top to toes washes and start using proper shampoo's and conditioners.

I don't think that my two are ready yet but I was just wondering.
Debbs

I stopped using the baby shampoos when my son was 2 just buy a gentle cleansing shampoo & conditioner that will be fine.(and cheaper)

Bec
My eldest (3Y 2M) has sensitive skin so we have to buy soap free stuff. But we have found out that he can use the dove soap and that fragrance free is even better.

I wonder if this will cause a problem when it comes time to choose hair care stuff or is there a range out there that would suit him that I haven't seen yet smile.

Thanks for your input Bec smile anything that helps save money is always worth it smile
hi guys well i use johnsons baby shampoo with cond from day one but now ,shes 12 months now and i find her hair is really dull and has no shine so couple times a week i just use my sunsilk conditoner makes it real soft ... when i was in hosptal they used palmolive shamp/cond on her when she was bout 4 months old, but of course you cant if they are allergic to it ..... see ya smile

kylie (30) from munno para

I use the Johnsons Kids Strawbery conditioning spray when I am combing Maya's hair every morning. Makes it soft and shiny and smells yummy

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

hey there i went and got some of that johnsons spray its so good it makes her hair all soft after shes woken up from a nap.. thanks for the tip

kylie (30) from munno para

I'm getting pressured to give Maya a haircut but I don;t want to cut off her curls in case it grows back straight. And the JOhnsons spray helps stop it looking scruffy lol

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi
I stopped using baby shampoo on my daughter a while ago but had to go back to it as the normal shampoo got in her eyes once and stung, She refused to have her hair washed. I use the Johnsons Kids 2in1 shampoo( which smells great) and it doesnt sting but i have to use a little of my conditioner on the back of her hair ( where it wont get in her eyes) as her hair is very fine and gets knotty. I too use the johnsons spray, its great.

Dawn,WA ,Chloe 3.5, Danielle born 17th dec 2004

Sign in to follow this topic