for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. daughter wont spit toothpaste

daughter wont spit toothpaste Rss

i cant get my gal to spit the toothpaste out i dont use much so it prob dosnt hurt but everytime i try show her she laughs at me how do i teach her and how do i teach her to blow her nose

mandi

DD may 03, DS oct 06

Hi mummy1300

My daughter is 18 months old and still doesnt use toothpaste, I just give her the toothbrush with water on it and she brushes her own teeth when I do. I heard kids wernt supposed to use toothpaste till 2 even though the box says from 1 year.
Aimee also is learning to blow her nose, she has to whenever I do even if hers isnt running, try just letting her watch you blow yours and give her a tissue so she can try too.

hope this helps

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

HI MUMMY 1300,
YESTERDAY I TOOK MY 18 MONTH OLD FOR HIS CHECKUP AT THE HEALTH CLINIC. THE NURSE SUGGESTED WE PURCHASE A TOOTHBRUSH THAT YOU CAN SLIP ON YOUR FINGER. THIS LITTLE BRUSH ALSO COMES WITH A TOTHPASTE CALLED FIRST TEETH BABY TOOTHPASTE WHICH IS SAFE TO SWALLOW.WE PURCHASED IT AT THE CHEMIST. I DONT THINK SUPERMARKETS STOCK THEM. HOPE THIS HELPS!

HAPPY PARENTING BYE,
LUCASMUM

angela,vic,3years old toddler

My sister bought my daughter an electric toothbrush for her first birthday, and she has been loving to use it every since! It's specially made for kids, it's pink and the stand it came in has fairy wings! I use it with baby toothpaste, which has very low fluride. In the evening, I brush her teeth while she's in the shower, (she showers instead of the bath) so she gets a good rinse there, and in the mornings, I just hold a towel under her chin and pour water into her mouth to rinse, most of it comes back out. I think it's important to only use a tiny bit of toothpaste. I also think that it's more important to form good oral hygeine habits early, and a tiny amount of low fluride toothpaste can't do much harm. My dentist has actually had to pull teeth from 4 year olds because of decay!

Ellie, NSW, DD 3 yrs & TTC # 2

Sign in to follow this topic