Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. 2 1/2 year old with damaged front tooth.

2 1/2 year old with damaged front tooth. Rss

My son had an accident whilst at daycare (whacked his front teeth on the handle bars of a trike) and whilst at the time it seemed like he's just bloodied his lip, it's now 3 weeks later and his front tooth is going grey . I rang the dentist and have him booked in tomorrow night for a look-see. Call me naive, but what are the options for treating this? He has such beautiful teeth and a gorgeous smile...I couldn't imagine him without a tooth there (well not until he's 6 or 7). He's only 2 1/2!

Louise, Finlay (4 Feb, 02), Mackenzie (18 Jan, 06)

Hi Louise,

OUCH!

My nephew lost his front tooth yesterday, carrying a box at preschool! The dentist said it will grow the new one earlier than normal. So hopefully if your son has to have his tooth out, it won't be that long till his new one comes thru!

Goodluck,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe,

You should see his tooth now - it's very grey and looks so yuk! The dentist said it's there to stay until the next tooth pushes it out, or it starts to hurt - then it's extracted. Lucky I'm getting better at using the erasing tool in 'photo shop' on my computer....I can 'whiten' his tooth for vanity sake in the pickies!

Louise

Hi Louise,

Very clever idea, i must let my sister know! Do you think you can do it with a missing tooth.....

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe,

Definitely! Just depends on how good both the program and the operator are.
Good luck!

Louise & the little grey-toothed one!

Sign in to follow this topic