Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. What's everyones 13 month old up to

What's everyones 13 month old up to Rss

Hiya everyone,

Just out of interest, i thought i would post my own 'what are you up to' question!

My son is 12kgs, huge..., walking everywhere and now confidently climbing everywhere, very scary!

He eats very well, everything and anything, and is sleeping quite good now! He usually still has two sleeps a day 1-2 hrs sometimes longer, and goes to bed at 6.00pm.

Just wondering what everyone elses new toddlers are up to,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe,

I have a 15 month old & he too is a climber. His favorite place to climb onto at the moment is the kitchen table, giving his mummy a heart attack at the same time!!! Although he is faitly confident, i have to take away the chairs so he can't climb up there, otherwise I get no work done!!!

He is also saying a new word everyday at the moment & i luv it. It's great when they start to talk. "Milo" is todays word!!!!!

He eats like your son too, anything going, & is starting to settle into a propper night sleep routine. He has one sleep during the day about 2-3 hours & goes off to sleep at 7.30pm. How do you get yours into bed at 6.00pm?? Thats great to give you & hubby all that time together by yourselves.

Cheers

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Michelle,

My early nights pay me back in the morning! 5.00am is my limit. My daughter sleeps past 6 everyday, but my son is either 4.00am or 6.00am! I think i am finally convincing him that 6.00am is the better option. Usually if he sleeps thru till 6 he will only have one sleep too.

Yes, that was the way we planned it, early nights for kiddies and then we have some US time, which we both value. He also works on a rotating roster, and at the moment he is on nights, hence me being on the computer!

Climbing...aaarrrggghhh! But no major falls yet!

No real words here, accept, Dad dad dad, which works great for me! I keep trying to teach him mum but he just says dad back.

Tonight i taught him to bend his knees when dancing. So now he throws his arms around and bops at the same time!

Great to hear from you Michelle and hope to hear more,

Tepe

Hi
My Ella is 13months, starting to walk more but still crawling alot. She cant stand herself up without using something to pull herself up. But just in the last few days i've noticed her getting alot more confident. she too climbs a fair bit, must be the age?

Eating, well this is an ongoing issue, she's just not overly interested, but that too seems to run in phases. At 12mnths she was 76cm and 9.4kilo. I've tried to change her lunch time bottle to a cup but there were just so many tears that i figured she drinks from a cup for water/juice she can keep her comfort bottle for a while longer.

Words, she says mama, dada and there alot! occassional and not very clear words are there, nana, cat, go, gone, duck and some times tries to say Justin (one of her little play friends)..cute

Dont u hate those 5am starts!!! Been there, but am currently counting my lucky stars, at the moment i'm putting Ella down at 7pm and she's getting up between 7-8am! TOUCHWOOD this lasts am loving it!!!

Bel

Belinda, WA, lovely baby girl

Hi Bel,

Lucky you, Ella is only starting to walk, you just wait! She is only young, there is plenty of time to get rid of the bottle. It's good to have already thought about it, as they need to be off them sooner, rather than later.

My kiddies are always behind in talking......... that's alright they catch up, well my daughter has!

Thanks for you response,

Tepe

Hi everyone,

My son is just cutting his second top two teeth, that will make 6! He has bright red cheeks, and is grizzly in bed from about 3- 4 am. Other than that he is handling it quite well!

What's everyone elses news??

Tepe

Hi Tepe,

Well Nicholas has just been to the docs yet again with tonsilitis......again!!! He has a constant rattle in his chest, constant snot out of his nose, & a constant grizzle!!!!

Other than that, he's fine!!!!

Seriously he's at the docs that much my boy if I don't laugh i'll cry!

Bye

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Michelle,

If it means anything, i have just been thru that for months. I am touching wood everyday that he stays healthy. I was that close to shipping him off to the ENT, but he has been great now for over a month!

Sending healthy vibes your way,

Tepe

Tepe,

Thanks for your reply.

Nic just has a runny nose & constant chest rattle PERMANANTLY! The doc yesterday suggested it may be time to see a peadiatrician, just to see if there was anything that can be done. This is his second bout of tonsilitis, he has also had stacks of colds, & 2 bouts of bronchilitis. (one at only 3 months of age.

Anyway Tepe, my motto is "Things could be worse".

Thanks for your healthy vibes, hope they reach me here in freezing cold Victoria!!!

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

Hi Michelle,

One little thing i have believed in, that children need to get sick in order to build their immune systems. It's just unfortunate for some, that it happens when they are younger. Hopefully Nic is just getting it over and done with.

Something my son had discovered these past few days, is to run away giggling from me. His timing isn't that good, as it's normally nappy time! He use to come straight to me, when i sat down to change him, now he runs in the opposite direction! Cute, but annoying when i have already sat down to change him, then i have to get back up!

Hope those healthy vibes made it to you!

Tepe

Hi my little man is 13 mths and almost walking.... He just isn't quite brave enough to go solo.
He loves to climb and be outside he stands at the back baby gate pointing and says 'out dah' very cute.
He is getting bored with everything at the moment as he is a rough tough boy who loves all things boyish! especially cars!
What do you to keep their none-stop minds busy?
Em

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi Emily,

What a lucky mum you are....at least he can't get away too quick for you yet. His boredom will encourage him to walk and then there will be no stopping him.

My son keeps himself amused with roaming around the house making a big mess. Pulling books of the bookshelf or clothes out of his draw, aarrr the joys.

My son also LOVES to play out in the backyard. He just wanders around with the broom or plays in the sandpit!

Great to hear from you Emily, and looking forward to hearing more about your son!

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic