Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. 14 month old won't have naps at grandparents house

14 month old won't have naps at grandparents house Rss

Hello Everyone

our 14 month old refuses to sleep at his grandparents house he just screams and we end up going into the room to get him

He has a proper cot set up there and everything!

I don't know whether this is our fault for not getting him use to sleeping in other places when he was younger.

We have tried taking his favourite pooh bear and played music for him but it doesn't seem to help he refuses to sleep

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

HI

Am sorry, I can't help you, but I have the opposite problem. My 3 year old son loves sleeping at his grandmas house, better then what he sleeps at home. I would prefer for him to sleep at grandmas, there is just no hassles!

Heather
I know exactly where you are coming from! My daughter wouldn't sleep anywhere - including the car until recently - and would be a nightmare once she was tired.

On Fathers Day we took her fleece/mink blanket from her bed with us and whne she was rubbing her eyes we put her in my sister in laws port a cot with her blanket and left her. At first she sat, then she stood, then she walked around. We left her to herself adn eventually she went to sleep! Don't know if the blanket did the trick but will be trying it again next time! I think the timing has something to do with it as well - they caan't be too tired or too awake.
Sign in to follow this topic