Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Choking Rss

Today a friend of mine's little boy (aprox 19 months) choked for a fair while - he turned dark blue/grey and it was very scary.

He ended up swallowing the object, but, we think that it was some pear that he choked on.

It was a lesson for me to always supervise my little girl whilst eating and to really make sure that there is nothing left lying around which could be dangerous.

I often think about the potentials of choking, but it was never really a reality to me until today.

I would just like to share this with other mums so that we can all be aware that it happens all to easily and when you least expect it.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Hi lindab,
i know what you mean im paranoid about choking after a few months of my son 1st starting solids i held abit of melon 4 him to suk on and a bit broke off and he began chokin i put my finger in his mouth and got it out quick smart ever since then i watch my son with everything even when he plays and he is 2 now and has never choked since

Mummy 2 B-J

It is very scary

My friend gave her son potato chips when he was in his walker, he was under a year old and didnt have many teeth and he choked on it. Now I never let my daughter have them as she still sometimes doesnt chew her food properly and the chips are so hard, and she isnt allowed to move around with her food either.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic