Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More

Bed wetting toddler Lock Rss

I think you are right about possibly making him regress. I think once he has made the decision to not wear a nappy, you kind of just have to respect it. After all its his body, his bed. (although I know how painful it is washing the sheets etc smile) I found that when dd did the same thing I made sure there was plenty of waterproof stuff under her to protect the mattress. She had to go to the loo right before bed. i would also stick her on the potty (as we have an outside loo) right before I went to bed. (without waking her up) then dh would stick her on the potty before he went to bed. (without waking her) Then we reduced it to one go on the potty. Now we just judge it according to how much she has drunk. If she drinks a lot of her water bottle before or in bed then we stick her on, if she hardly drinks anything we don't bother. Sometimes she will wake and ask to go to the toilet. We have only had a very occasional wet bed in months. She is dry at night unless she drinks an excessive amount of water and she is now 3.5. I know its all inconvenient, unfortunately though thats just how it is sometimes. smile Even if you made him sleep in nappies, apart from him potentially being embarrassed and feeling like a baby, he probably won't suddenly be dry. He has to get used to all the (subconcious) feelings associated with night time bladder control. You may as well do it when he has chosen to. Much better chance that way! Plus kids are very good at knowing what they are ready for.
All the best with it!
My 2 1/2 year old has not been wanting to wear a night nappy for a few months, we tried for 10 days and had 4 completely dry nights with no wake ups. The rest of the time he would wake distraught needing to go to the toilet, but being as stubborn as he is not wanting to go to the toilet at all and screaming the house down, and eventually wetting the bed/s. We've been putting him back in nappies but keeping an eye on how much fluid is in his nappy by morning, and will probably try again soon as he has been asking again, and if he wakes at night he asks to go to the toilet and I take him. I think he needed to think about what his body was doing, instead of expecting it to just happen.
I hope you go well! I think I need more sheets too!

You could try toilet trips through the night, that's how I started when my son stopped wearing nappies, I would put him on the toilet just before bedtime, then again between 11pm & midnight then my husband would put him on the toilet about 6am just before he left for work, this was a great success for us but it would depend on your schedule, I go to bed late to it was perfect for me. All the best.. smile
Dear Ladies,
I would like to share my opinion how to train your child for a potty or toilet.... I have start potty training with my daughter when she was 11 months old. By 15 months we had dry nights... So, we have decided to wear underwear at night and it worked out well. We had only a few accidents. By 18 months she start going to toilet for a wee wee instead of potty. Now she is just turned 2 and fully toilet trained, we don't have any toilet or bed wetting at night issues. My daughter she goes to toilet by her-self and plashes down and can wash her hand by her-self without mum, dad's help.

I would recommend start potty training early as possible. Then it makes your and your child's life much easier. Once child fully trained by using potty then toilet training part is a lot easier then washing sheets, changing bed sheets @night or wake up your child middle of the night to force them to go to toilet for a wee wee.

If any parents interested in how to train your child potty or toilet early as possible then welcome to contact me via email: [email protected]

Kind Regards,
Emily

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL.
I need some help, getting very frustrated with my nearly 3 year old. We started toilet training at about age 18 months when she was waking up dry & asking to go to the potty. We started off just taking her to the potty before bathtime, and then she starting asking to go. She then wanted to use the toilet instead of the potty. We didn't push too much at this age and went with the flow. By 2 years old she had regressed a little and when our little boy came along a few months after her 2nd birthday we let her wear underwear during the day and let her wet etc to get used to the feeling. Then we worked into taking her to the toilet every 2 hours or so until eventually she was telling us when she needed to go. We used lots of encouragement, tried using a sticker chart to reward her etc which worked quite well for a few months. We even go to the point of wearing underwear at night instead of nappies/ pullups. I have now been back at work part time for 3 months and in the last month or 2 she has regressed quite a lot. She will not tell us when she needs to go, if we ask if she needs to go she says no then wets herself 2 minutes later or if we take her she has a tantrum. We are no longer doing a sticker chart and am trying a different reward system but I am really at a loss as to what we are doing wrong. She doesn't want to wear nappies but I can't seem to get her to realise she needs to go to the toilet, or sometimes she will tell us but has already done some in her underwear. I know we just have to keep perservering but it is quite disheartening to know that all the progress we made 6 months ago has gone out the window. Maybe it is to do with my return to work & her return to child care but how do I stay positive and what other tips has anyone got?
I need some help, getting very frustrated with my nearly 3 year old. We started toilet training at about age 18 months when she was waking up dry & asking to go to the potty. We started off just taking her to the potty before bathtime, and then she starting asking to go. She then wanted to use the toilet instead of the potty. We didn't push too much at this age and went with the flow. By 2 years old she had regressed a little and when our little boy came along a few months after her 2nd birthday we let her wear underwear during the day and let her wet etc to get used to the feeling. Then we worked into taking her to the toilet every 2 hours or so until eventually she was telling us when she needed to go. We used lots of encouragement, tried using a sticker chart to reward her etc which worked quite well for a few months. We even go to the point of wearing underwear at night instead of nappies/ pullups. I have now been back at work part time for 3 months and in the last month or 2 she has regressed quite a lot. She will not tell us when she needs to go, if we ask if she needs to go she says no then wets herself 2 minutes later or if we take her she has a tantrum. We are no longer doing a sticker chart and am trying a different reward system but I am really at a loss as to what we are doing wrong. She doesn't want to wear nappies but I can't seem to get her to realise she needs to go to the toilet, or sometimes she will tell us but has already done some in her underwear. I know we just have to keep perservering but it is quite disheartening to know that all the progress we made 6 months ago has gone out the window. Maybe it is to do with my return to work & her return to child care but how do I stay positive and what other tips has anyone got?
when i was little i was terrible my parents couldnt figure out how to stop me bed wetting i believe they got a device for rent, it was a matress cover that went off when i wet the bed, it was loud, i was about 6. kinda scarey at first, but it helped alot, it only took me a week to get over it and i didnt regress at all (well not yet anyway)
i need ur help my nily 3 year old son, has no intentions of wanting to use the toilet or start to b trained.. i did try when he was one and a half but with no results. as he is a boy i even tried letting him around with a jocks on and take him outside to c if maybe that might spark something, but evn then he prefeers just to wear his nappy pants or pull ups.. can anyone help with any suggestions. on where i am going wrong
Sign in to follow this topic