Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. what do you and your toddler do each day?

what do you and your toddler do each day? Lock Rss

Looking for ideas for my two toddlers¨!!
Monday - stay at home day, housework etc, maybe a playdate
Tuesday - am - music group pm - friend from music over for lunch and play.
Wednesday - am - playgroup pm - at home chilling
Thursday - am - art group pm - home
Friday - am - community cafe - pm - lunch out with the cafe girls
Saturday - family day
Sunday - am - sport for me - church for Dad and kids x 2 - pm - weekly dinner with my inlaws.

While at home we do baking, drawing, homeopathic item play, painting, blackboard, car-racing, hide and seek, go to the park, DS#1 plays in garage with dad if home, (DS#2 still to young for that.)

Hope given you some ideas..
Lottie

Monday - stay at home day, housework etc, maybe a playdate
Tuesday - am - music group pm - friend from music over for lunch and play.
Wednesday - am - playgroup pm - at home chilling
Thursday - am - art group pm - home
Friday - am - community cafe - pm - lunch out with the cafe girls
Saturday - family day
Sunday - am - sport for me - church for Dad and kids x 2 - pm - weekly dinner with my inlaws.

While at home we do baking, drawing, homeopathic item play, painting, blackboard, car-racing, hide and seek, go to the park, DS#1 plays in garage with dad if home, (DS#2 still to young for that.)

Hope given you some ideas..
Lottie

Thanks for the reply.

DO you find one might not like something or isn't ready for it developmentally? What do you do then?
Hi,
I try to do a range of activities everyday - creative, active, imaginative play, social, skills and literary.
We have a "busy box" for our two toddlers (aged 2 and 3) - filled with a selection of colouring books, crayons, glue sticks, pics from magazines, paper, stickers,etc and they'll do some art and craft most mornings while I tend to their 9 month old sister. A range of puzzles for different abilities are also handy for quiet play. Blocks and "Little people" can be used by different ages quite successfully. Some active play everyday - riding trikes,kicking the ball or walking to a nearby park. Teaching basic skills - making the bed, putting clothes away, helping hang clothes on the line. We also read everyday without fail (big on reading - I'm a highschool English teacher), and visit the local library once a week to borrow books. A couple of playdates/playgroup each week also helps with developing social skills.
We tend to group similar activities together (mainly so I can manage them lol) - one might play with playdoh while the other colours in (creative), one will ride their trike at the park while other plays on the swings (active) etc. Playdates can be a little tricky if one isn't keen, so we'll keep those outings fairly brief if need be.
Hope this is of some help smile
Mondays we usually stay at home for housework so my 3 year old and 20 month old will play with play dough or the train set or toys, or watch TV, or draw.
Tuesday is playgroup in the morning and more of what we did on Monday for the afternoon.
Wednesday we visit people or the park or people come to us, and do some washing which they help with.
Thursday is grocery shopping and bill paying in the morning and more washing in the afternoon.
Friday is day care for both of them as I work.
Saturday is swimming lessons.
Sunday is church in the morning and maybe the park in the afternoon.
All week they like to help with the housework, hand me pegs for the washing,help empty the dish washer etc....very helpful smile
They go on the trampoline and ride their bikes on and off throughout the day.
We take a train ride about once a month, for no other reason other than to ride the train.

Hi,
I try to do a range of activities everyday - creative, active, imaginative play, social, skills and literary.
We have a "busy box" for our two toddlers (aged 2 and 3) - filled with a selection of colouring books, crayons, glue sticks, pics from magazines, paper, stickers,etc and they'll do some art and craft most mornings while I tend to their 9 month old sister. A range of puzzles for different abilities are also handy for quiet play. Blocks and "Little people" can be used by different ages quite successfully. Some active play everyday - riding trikes,kicking the ball or walking to a nearby park. Teaching basic skills - making the bed, putting clothes away, helping hang clothes on the line. We also read everyday without fail (big on reading - I'm a highschool English teacher), and visit the local library once a week to borrow books. A couple of playdates/playgroup each week also helps with developing social skills.
We tend to group similar activities together (mainly so I can manage them lol) - one might play with playdoh while the other colours in (creative), one will ride their trike at the park while other plays on the swings (active) etc. Playdates can be a little tricky if one isn't keen, so we'll keep those outings fairly brief if need be.
Hope this is of some help smile

Wow you have got ur hands full. But you sound like you are well organised and coping with that very well! Thanks for the reply its really helpful.

Mondays we usually stay at home for housework so my 3 year old and 20 month old will play with play dough or the train set or toys, or watch TV, or draw.
Tuesday is playgroup in the morning and more of what we did on Monday for the afternoon.
Wednesday we visit people or the park or people come to us, and do some washing which they help with.
Thursday is grocery shopping and bill paying in the morning and more washing in the afternoon.
Friday is day care for both of them as I work.
Saturday is swimming lessons.
Sunday is church in the morning and maybe the park in the afternoon.
All week they like to help with the housework, hand me pegs for the washing,help empty the dish washer etc....very helpful smile
They go on the trampoline and ride their bikes on and off throughout the day.
We take a train ride about once a month, for no other reason other than to ride the train.

Thanks for the reply that is a good help.My kids are about the same distance apart but a little younger. Do you have any troubles with sibling rivalry?
I have a 2 year old ds
Mondays- park in the morning or indoor play centre depending on weather. arvos play with toys, read books, tv. helping me with washing and house work. then swimming lessons
Tuesdays- day care then swimming lessons
Wednesdays- trip to the shops to look at toys, play on the play equipment at the shops, go to the park, do grocery shopping, play with dinosaurs or trains. read books.
Thursday- day care.
fridays- stay home mainly in morning but ds has tennis in the arvo
Saturday- ds has soccer in the morning. Then we go to park or to see some boats and play around the waters edge. in the arvo hubby has soccer so we go and watch and ds plays with all our friends kids
Sunday- mummy plays soccer ( 2 games ) in a premier leagues ladies squad.ds comes and plays with all the kids.

waiting for summer to come again so it will be a lot of walks down to the beach smile
Sign in to follow this topic