Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

sudden fear of bathtime Lock Rss

hi ladies

just after some advise on what i can do to make my 16month old DS enjoy his bath time again

hes always LOVED bath time even as a newborn! and up until about a week ago hed laugh and spash and play, didnt care if water was poured over his head and face putting in shampoo etc didnt bother him nor did a good scrub between his toes, behind ears etc. he also loved his showers with us and would play on the floor when in the shower with me again didnt care if he sat right in the water flow and it went all over his face and eyes..hed just wipe his own eyes with the back of his hand!

now for seemingly no reason, the second we put him in the water he screams and tries to climb out, wont stay in the shower, he opens the door and tries to run off basically the opposite to how hes always been! its nothing short of a nightmare to wash his hair..we do it as quick as we can and i even hoped in with the kids and held him to me last night and it didnt really make much difference.

nothings really changed..weve always bathed the kids at night before bed as part of their routine for sleeping and hubby does nearly all the bathing (his little bonding time after work) DS and DD bath together almost everytime and they normally have fun, and as far as we know he hasnt had a 'bad' experience like slipping under the water, getting his butt sucked to the pughole etc as were always in the room. and although we did move house 2.5weeks ago the first week and a half he was fine in the bath, its a bigger one then our old one and they seemed to love it having more room to play without always booting eachother.

WTH??? i miss my little water baby sad
My older daughter went through a stage like this too, it came out of nowhere and she would just scream and scream!! It was a stage, I guess, as it disappeared as quickly as it started. I think it took a couple of weeks and suddenly she was back loving the bath.
I'm not really being much help, except to let you know that his fear may just disappear...
Dd done this at about the same age.. I used always let the water out of the bath once I had her dry and dressed but 1 day she pulled the plug by her self so I let all the water run out 2 show her what happened it made a horrible noise and scared the [email protected]$t out of her took me agers 2 get her back in there after that I had 2 bath with her and sir over the plug so she couldnt c it.. so now most of the time she just showers with me :-/ I no it doesn't help but thought I'd share that.. Could he have a sore bum?

My older daughter went through a stage like this too, it came out of nowhere and she would just scream and scream!! It was a stage, I guess, as it disappeared as quickly as it started. I think it took a couple of weeks and suddenly she was back loving the bath.
I'm not really being much help, except to let you know that his fear may just disappear...

fingers crossed that your right! grin

Dd done this at about the same age.. I used always let the water out of the bath once I had her dry and dressed but 1 day she pulled the plug by her self so I let all the water run out 2 show her what happened it made a horrible noise and scared the [email protected]$t out of her took me agers 2 get her back in there after that I had 2 bath with her and sir over the plug so she couldnt c it.. so now most of the time she just showers with me :-/ I no it doesn't help but thought I'd share that.. Could he have a sore bum?

we always do the same thing, let the water out once theyre both out, theyve heard the noise many times but dont care as long as theyre not still in the bath, DD has pulled the plug out b4 when theyve been in there it just startled them and i put it back in..all good. *shrug*
and not we thought about that but DS bum is fine.
When this happened with our DS, we had a few baths with him and played with him, talked to him etc he soon got over it and loves it again now and is happy bathing by himself grin

When this happened with our DS, we had a few baths with him and played with him, talked to him etc he soon got over it and loves it again now and is happy bathing by himself grin

*Bathing by himself with us in the room grin
Yep I think this is just a stage that will soon pass... DD went through the same thing at a similar age, I ended up having to have a few baths with her, but within a couple of weeks she was happy to have a bath by herself again smile
Sign in to follow this topic