Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. Probiotics - Inner Health Kids

Probiotics - Inner Health Kids Lock Rss

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice on probiotics - Inner Health Kids. I started on of my twins on it on Saturday. Was advised to give him 1/2 teaspoon twice a day. We started him on this as he has had constipation issues for some time. We have tried parachoc and was using movicol junior. But I am after something that he can use long term.

He was constipated so on Thursday I gave him movicol and again on Friday as he still had not done anything. Late Friday night he finally did a poo after almost 2 weeks. He has gone everyday since. But after starting the probiotic (Saturday) his poo has become really soft. Just wondering if this normal? Will it settle or is it that he just had too much movicol. It has never happened before with the movicol.

Any advice on how the probiotics work that would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks. I'm going to stick with it at the moment and see how things go. Just thought I would check and see if anyone else had a simular experience. I really hope that this helps him. It's so awful seeing him trying to go and not be able to. I really hope this solves his problem.

Thanks

Eranda wrote:
They replace/top-up the bacteria strains that normally live in the gut. Sometimes constipation (and diarrhoea for that matter) can result from an imbalance of gut flora (the "good" bugs), and can be sorted out with probiotics. Their success though depends on regular use, so avoid starting only when you think there's an issue; it's better to use them all the time, and maybe reduce after a solid stint (1-2 months).

Loose stools just haven't had as much water taken out by the bowel, or have travelled through the bowel more quickly than usual (resulting in less water being reabsorbed by the body). They can also occur after a period of constipation; just stick to a normal consistent routine (including adequate fluids) and it will settle.

Thanks for that. Yes that is what I have been told. I don't want to stop him taking it. I really hope that this fixes his problem. I am more than happy for him to be on it long term if it fixes his problem. More than happy to give it a go for a couple of months. My concern is that with his poo being so soft he ends up with large amounts on his bottom after going and he is unable to clean himself. He hates all the mess. So I am really just trying to make it a little more pleasant for him and so he can clean himslef when at preschool. I really hope that it improves for him. Such an awful thing to see you kid go thru.

Thanks for the info.

I've just started my DS on the inner health last Thursday, he has suffered awful constipation for as long as I can remember. He has 1 teaspoon in his bottle at night and we are also giving him 10ml of lactulose each day and have cut out dairy and have started giving almond milk instead of normal milk.

The difference all this has made is amazing, his poo is soft now and comes out no problems, I never thought I'd be excited about poo laugh

Oh sorry, just realised your son is 4 and at school, the soft poo could be about of a problem then, not sure how it would work at school but at home those flushable wipes would be ideal to use smile

Maybe in time the poo won't be as soft, it may just be that his body is having a bug clean out...

Bailey's Mummy wrote:
Oh sorry, just realised your son is 4 and at school, the soft poo could be about of a problem then, not sure how it would work at school but at home those flushable wipes would be ideal to use smile

Maybe in time the poo won't be as soft, it may just be that his body is having a bug clean out...

Thanks. Yes at home we are suing the flushable wipes that are fantastic.

Yes I am hopeing that it is just cleaning him out then I hope that things get a bit better. I really hope this helps him. Hate seeing him having trouble trying to go to the toilet.

Thanks. Hope that it continues to work for your DS.

unique1 wrote:
My boy has what they call toddler diareah and I use kids inner health achewable tablet or you can crush it for the real young ones as this one can be used from 1mnth and find it really works as he hardly suffers from his toddler diarreah but it takes awhile for it to work

Thanks for that. What brand are you using? We are using the powder at the moment as I have been told it is more concentrated. Have been told to use the powder for a month or two then to change to the choc balls or simular for maintenance.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry guys just want to bump for the day crew. Thanks

Probiotics are live bacteria that are good for the health, especially in our digestive system and is good for the baby. But it is better to ask first to your doctor what probiotics are good for your baby.
Hey! I learned all about probiotics when i had to research the coorellation between probiotics and diarrhea, or probiotics for diarrhea. I had my little William on Florajen, it's this amazing probiotic for antibiotic side effects. I learned that probiotics are the "good bacteria" in your body, and after my child was sick for a while he needed probioitcs to set himself back on track. Florajen Kids helps ease the unpleasant side effects of antibiotics, which is how it was able to help him feel back to normal after being sick for about a month. I highly recommend you do your research first because I did and I'm glad i found Florajen. It's the best refrigerated probioitc for kids out there! grin
Sign in to follow this topic