Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

brushing teeth Lock Rss

Needing help with my toddler (nearly 3 yo). Have always had issues with brushing his teeth. When he was a baby and more passive he would let me clean his teeth, but now he is Mr Independent and insists on doing it himself, but all he does his have a bit of a chomp on the brush and suck off the toothpaste. I have tried to do the brushing for him so he gets a thorough clean, but he won't let me do it for more than a couple of seconds, unless I actually sit on him and use force, which no one enjoys and I end up getting my fingers bitten. Any tips? He is a bright little boy, understands everything and is reasonably cooperative (for a two year old, LOL!) with lots of other things, just not the toothbrushing! I confess this is probably a problem of my own making, as his bedtime and morning routines have probably not been as strict as they should be, but how do I fix this without too many tears and biting?
Have you said you will do it first then you will give him a go? But do a visual timer so like an egg timer so you brush them until the sand runs out then he can do it himself bit do not give the brush if he has let you brush first
Hi Hopeful,
Have you tried one of those toothbrushes that play the music?
My niece wouldn't brush her teeth but now her teeth have a 'dance party' so she has to brush all of them while dancing around the bathroom.

There is a few different brands and you can usually get them from the pharmacy.

http://www.toothtunes.com

Thanks! I might give that a go next time I go shopping.
We've had some success with a free teeth brushing app on my phone. My 4 year old has been brushing her teeth for 2 minutes every night for weeks now.
Leah_1987 wrote:
Hi Hopeful,
Have you tried one of those toothbrushes that play the music?
My niece wouldn't brush her teeth but now her teeth have a 'dance party' so she has to brush all of them while dancing around the bathroom.

There is a few different brands and you can usually get them from the pharmacy.

http://www.toothtunes.com

I didn't know this. Thank you for sharing this. I'll try this grin
Sign in to follow this topic