Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Walking?? Lock Rss

Hi everyone.
I was just wondering does anyone have any tips on how to increase a 18 month olds confidence so he will start walking. He will walk if he is holding on to something or someone, he has taken a few steps by himself but he fell flat on his face. Any ideas that I can use to help him will be greatly appreciated. Thank you smile
My DD will only take 1-2 steps then falls to her bum, prefering to crawl. She will walk holding two or one hands but would much rather crawl. One tip I was given which is a lot of fun is for DH and I to sit on the floor - feet touching (legs apart). We encourage DD to walk between the two of us, first we hold her hands - then we encourage her to take a step or two and so on. Its quite fun for all of us, especially DD.

I'm kind of thinking that DD will do it when she is ready, and not one moment before - lol. At the moment, the only down fall of her not walking is all the lovely little dresses I can't put her in - lol.

Best of luck - hope you get some more ideas so I can copy.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Carab maybe get a walker to help him to walk by himself and get confidence in walking as well.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Emma didnt walk fully on her own until she was 19 months. She would take up to 12 steps, walk if we held her hand, but other than that would crawl. Keep encouraging him by walking whilst holding his hand and trying to let it go. Also the suggestionn of sitting with your legs apart and touching partners leg and getting him to walk in between you is also a good one. Good luck with it. And most of all don't worry it is totally natural and your little man will do it when is his ready and not before.

Tracy, SA, DD 15/3/04 & TTC #2

Hello,

I can't remember where I read it, but the suggestion was to walk and deliberately fall over, laugh and hop back up, it does require a bit of energy but it's supposed to let your child know that it's ok to fall over and to get back up and try again. You'll get some giggles and strange looks from your toddler though.

Good luck.

3 beautiful girls, 4yrs, 2yrs and 10mths

Sign in to follow this topic