Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Clingy 16month old Lock Rss

My daughter does not leave me alone for five minutes. If I walk from the lounge to the kitchen, she follows me and grabs my legs to be picked up. She has been doing this for a few months now, but she's not getting any better. If I ignore her she drops her lip and cries, so I pick her up. Does anyone else have this problem? Also if anyone had a bub born in September 2003 would love to chat about what our kids are doing etc.

Amanda,VIC,mum to Emily 4 & Alyssa 20months

Hi Hershey. My boy who has just turned 17 months doesnt leave me alone. He pulls at my leg all day long! I think he wants me to play with him as he is feeling fragile because he is teething??????????If I play with him for a bit and then he seems satisfied then I quietly sneak off to do a bit of housework and that seems to work till the next grizzle.

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Thanks JZ for your message. Emily loves grapes, so if I want to do some housework or get dressed or whatever, I can put her in her high chair and she will stay there for a while. I do play with her all day, and sometimes I can sneak off for a few minutes!
Amanda

Amanda,VIC,mum to Emily 4 & Alyssa 20months

Hi. My little girl is almost 16 months as well and she is very clingy. I find what helps me is putting the TV on for her for a while. I have taped shows like Play School, Humphrey Bear etc which she just loves watching. My biggest problem at the moment is trying to leave her with someone for a little while because of her clinginess. Someome on this site did suggest trying leaving her for ten minutes and gradually increase it. As of yet I have'nt been able to bring myself to do it.
hi there i have a 16 month old daughter.she is the same.it does drive you crazy.the only way i just get through is i put her in child care 1 day a week,so i can go sane again.Its realy hard taking her in there because as soon as i hand her over she crys,but i know its for the best.because she needs to spend time away from me (to keep me sane) and she need to socalise with other children.I was told a few weeks ago that sometimes kids can get very clingy when you are pregnant.i found out that im pregnant a few weeks ago and and she has been all over me,worse than usual.Your not pregnant are u?
What i also find helps,is that when they have a bottle,lunch,or if someone comes over then sit down and have a break,someone else can keep them busy (when you have visiters).I dont know what state you live in but im in melbourne and up this way we have a play place that i can take her to so she can go crazy with all the different toys,it helps.Well i wasnt going to right that much.i hope that helps,keep me posted,good luck.

KIMBA,VIC,BABYS ALEAH 22/12/03, REANNON 06/10/05.

Sign in to follow this topic