Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. Any tips for fighting in the pram??

Any tips for fighting in the pram?? Rss

Hi All,
I have twins 17months old and they are beginning to fight in the side by side twin pram!!! The screaming, hair pulling etc... is starting to make me think I will be house bound for quite awhile. Does anyone have any info that can help. I found food a great distraction until one starts taking the other one's!!!! Thanks
Sue

Susan twinmum boy/girl Oct 2003

Sorry reading this it sounds so funny (but not I gather)
I have all this to look forward too. I have 5 month old twin boys.
I'm sure there will be lots of fun and lots of fights

Take care
Janelle

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi Ladies,

I had the same problem with my twin girls. I got a one in front of the other pram and this has helped a great deal, as I put the more placid of my girls in the back and my little bully in the front so that she can't get her sister. This has worked for us anyway.

Cassie

Cassie, SA, 19mth twin girls

Hi Cassie,
Do you know if they sell those terrible torso harness' in a more socially acceptable wrist type thing? I am wondering if they would be useful in a few months time when they are better walkers? Have you seen anything like this. I will have to go look @ Baby Bunting or somewhere. I really dread to by another pram as we have $900 twin and 2 strollers so far and I have to buy another stroller 'cause one is wrecked.
Sue

Hi Sue,

I know what you mean, my first twin pram cost me $1600 dollars, and I have two strollers as well. lol but I sold my first pram on ebay and made enough to buy the one in front of the other pram.
I am sorry but I like those torso harnesses. For my piece of mind I find them much safer for my girls and for us when we take them out and let them walk. There are wrist ones out there but I was concerned that because my girls pull alot when they walk that they would hurt their wrists if they constantly pulled on them and I was also worried about other people not seeing them and trying to walk in between us, or the girls walking aroung something and getting tangled because it was around their wrists. But that is just my opinion and I do understand others feel differently, but my girls like wearing them and we do have them very loose on them and hold the leads on them from behind so they feel independent walking in front of us. I found both types were available at Big W and Target stores.

Cassie

Hi Cassie,
Yeah, you're probably right, I hadn't really thought about those issues and I do agree with you. How long have the girls been walking? How long have you been able to manage them with the 'harnesses' (terrible term for them!!!!!!!!!!!!)?
Sue

Hi Sue,

My girls took their first steps on their 1st birthday and we haven't been able to stop them since.
We got the 'harnesses' at christmas time because we were going away and going to the beach and things like that so we thought they would be handy for places the prams couldn't go. We have found them good, but don't use them all that often, my girls love being in the pram. But they don't mind the harnesses because they can walk along together and hold hands etc.

Cassie

Hi Sue,

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I have finished up at my last job and am now taking some time being a stay at home mum before I start studying again. If you would like to email me again my email address is venus99cj@yahoo.com

Cassie

Sign in to follow this topic