Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Teething Dummy Lock Rss

My little man has been very happy with 6 teeth for 17mths, but over the last few nights the rest of his teeth are coming, my once happy boy is so grumpy and is awake half the night. I'm trying all my old teething tricks that worked on his brother, but since then I've seen a new teething dummy on the market.

Has anyone tried these with thier children? Is it any good? What else are people using to help teething issues?

Jo, Sydney mama of 2 boys

Hi, my little girl is 14 months and has 12 teeth (4 molars at the same time, ouch!)
I have tried that dummy and kasey hated it!
She dosent seem to be in much pain with her teeth, but when she is i sware by nurofen

Hope all gets better
Kelly

Kelly, W.A, Kasey 1

Jo,

i have the dummy that is for tetehing, its like a mini mouth guard thats made out of gel attached to the dummy base. my daughter hates it. its been sitting in my fridge for 2 months now.

i mainly give her rusks to chew on and a cold teething ring that she can hold on to and play with, if not the bonjella cream works well with her.

aimee

Aimee, 4 year old princess

Hi Jo

I have the teething dummy and my daughter doesn't like it. She enjoys chewing on the handle more than anything! I find it useful when putting Bonjela in Abby's mouth - i smear it onto the dummy and put it in her mouth long enough for her to clamp down before she spits it out. I've found this easier than having a wrestle and getting my fingers bitten. Other than for this reason, i wouldn't bother buying one again!

Kind Regards
Alison

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Hi,
In our house (and many of our friends) we swear by Brauers Teething Relief. Its a natural mix you can get at your chemist, it gave us our happy daughter back - she even goes and points to it when she has tooth pain and asks (so it must give her some relief if she associates it with when shes teething).
Hope bubs is happy again soon!
Bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

Thanks everyone

I must admit I by passed the dummy at it's price, but now I know so many babe's are rejecting it, I think I will leave it on the shelf.

The 4 molars are almost through now, so I might actually get some sleep back soon, but we have been managing on nurofen, bonjela and rubbing it (although I get bitten more then I would like)

Thanks again everyone

Jo, Sydney mama of 2 boys

Sign in to follow this topic