Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bad Nappy Rash Lock Rss

Hi, My 13mth old has a really bad nappy rash at the moment as he is teething bad as usually he doesn't get the rashes only while teething and has had lose poos for a few days now with it, I usually use the Bepanthan Cream which usually clears up his rashes up over night but its not working this time, it actually seems to be making it worse, so tonight I have tried just a Zinc and Castor Oil base cream with the Curash powder. But does anyone have any other advice on what I can use that will help clear it up? As I have never seen a rash on him this bad and he is in pain with it so any help would be much appriciated. Thank you
Hayley

Hi Hayley

I'm sure you've seen previous posts on this topic already with lots of suggestions for different creams like paw paw or calendula. I haven't tried any of those though.

My son gets bad nappy rash all the time - it gets sore and sometimes he shivers in pain when we put him in the bath. When it gets bad like this, we use Hydrozole, which I believe is a steroid cream but the pharmacist said it was okay to use whenever the rash flares up. We only use it if it looks really sore. We use this for 5 days twice a day while still putting nappy rash cream on top. After 5 days, we follow up with Daktozin which is an antifungal cream. We've been finding that the rash clears up within a couple of days on Hydrozole.

Hope your boy's rash clears up soon.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

Hi Hayley

My son has had shocking NR for a few weeks now which he never has had before and it turned out he had campylobacter jejuni and is now on antiobiotics. Im not suggesting that this is what your son has but I had never heard of it and there was a bit of blood in his poo thats what sent me to the drs in the first place.

He has been on antiobitics for a couple of days and the rash has gone already.

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I find that barrier creams such as curash help to stop the rash from getting any worse, but the only thing that actually heals it is pawpaw ointment, spread on really thickly. In fact, I apply pawpaw ointment to any grazed knees, scratches, chapped lips, etc- it just heals everything up beautifully- I think its a miricle cream!

Ellie, NSW, DD 3 yrs & TTC # 2

My son is 15mth old and he has nappy rash all the time one of the best thing that i have find that work well for my son is Johnson's baby anti-rash powder and some times with teething toddlers can get thrush you can get MICREME from the doc. Hope that work for you .
Sign in to follow this topic