Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Toddlers with Asthma? Lock Rss

Hi i have a 14 month old daughter who has a real bad flu at the moment and the doctor has advised that she has a bad weaze at the moment and prescribed Ventolin puffer to be used with a spacer. I was just wondering if anyone else has used the spacer with a young child as i am not sure if she is getting enough Ventolin.
my son turned two in middle of May and was diagnoised with Asthma a few weeks ago.
He got a cold with a cough we just could not shake and the DR said he had asthma, hes started on ventolin for 4 times a day with spacer and now is on sertide a perventitive 1 puff through spacer twice a day, and the cough has gone.
Its really hard to hold the spacer on their face until they have 5 breaths as they wriggle and pull at it, I just have to hold it firmly. and hold his hands down.
they do get a better does this way as without spacer it just goes into their mounth and throat but with spacer it gets into their lungs were needed

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Hi,

My 20mth old son has just been prescribed Ventolin for a cough that he just can't shake.
Our doctor has said that Ventolin can make the children abit hyperactive and I am wondering if any one's children have experienced this.
My main concern is having it before bedtime and is it going to hype him up and he is not going to go to sleep.

Thanks

Carissa

Carissa, QLD 2yr son

Hi,
My little boy is twelve months old and has had ventolin since he was six months old, people say that he's too young, but my thoughts are at least he can breathe! As they can't officially diagnose asthma til they are at least one he doesn't have a preventer, but he's ok except when he's cutting a new tooth or is sick. He actuallt was put on steroids a few weeks ago for three days as his mouth went blue and i rushed him to the doctors! He's oknow, but they said it was his asthma!
She's probably getting more than you think, i always put an extra spray in the spacer before i put it on his face and he gets enough!
As i si mentioned earlier as long as they can breathe i don't worry! I mean i do worry of course, but you know what i mean!
Hope she grows out of it, i know i'm hoping my little boy does!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic