Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. This is a bit gross but I am curious if this could be a sign of teething?

This is a bit gross but I am curious if this could be a sign of teething? Lock Rss

Hi Mums

I am going to talk about my daughters pooey nappies so I understand if you don't want to read on but for those who don't mind...

My daughter is 21 months and for the last nearly 2 weeks she has been pooing in her nappy 3 or 4 times a day. This is not normal for her as normally she will do one or two but most of the time it is just one.

The poos are extremely smelly (enough to make me feel sick!) and are very very loose if you know what I mean. She has a terrible rash on her bottom also.

I wondered if it was a form of gastro or something however she is still happy and does not seem bothered by it at all. No sign of tummy ache or anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I am assuming it could be related to cutting her 2 year old molars however I have had a look in her mouth and can't see anything yet.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Hi Kristi

My daughter has just cut her 3rd first molar and she has had exactly the same 'symptoms'. Everytime she gets a 'big' tooth eg molar, her nappies are terrible and she can get 3 or 4 a day. I know what you mean about the smell - they stink and seem to go everywhere!! I went to my chemist and got a great nappy rash cream that they make over the counter. It was abit more expensive than the regular ones, but it appears to be stronger and works really fast. Maybe your chemist would have something like this as well? I hope this is of some help to you.

Kind Regards
Alison

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Sign in to follow this topic