Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Dummy, how to get them off? Lock Rss

Hi everyone, i wasjust wondering does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of a dummy? My daughter is 16mths old and will not sleep without it. Please help!!!!!!!!

mel,qld,15mth old girl

Hi there Melzy

I dont think that theres anyting really wrong with the notion of having a dummy for sleep time. My daughter Storm is 15mths and thats the only time she will have her dummy. When we get up in the morning it gets put on the shelf and she dosent get it again untill nap time or bed time.

My SIL has a 3 year old who still has his dummy when he goes to bed at night. I also remember having my own dummy until I was about 3 or 4 and then one day it "misterisouly" (sorry spelling) disappeared. I remember missing it but I got over it real quick.

I think ther still babies in one aspect so we shouldnt push them to grow up so fast.

sorry if I rambled on and that probably didnt help you at all but that the only advice I can think of.

Have a good day
ankie

Storm 21/04/04,Blade 21/09/05 + one on the way

Hi Melzy
I have a friend who has 3 kids and all had dummies. She got them off by leaving the dummy lying around the house but having sprinkled some pepper on it first. If this seems a bit extreme try something bitter and it won't take long for them to remember how yucky it tastes.
Hope this helps as I know how frustrating it can be. My son gave it up by himself very suddenly one night as he was probably teething and it hurt to suck on it. My son is 18mths and he always had the dummy size for a newborn as I refused to give him a bigger one so that he wouldn't get the same comfort from it as his mouth grew too big for it.

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

I don't think there's any reason to get rid of the dummy just yet- if she loses it at night, pin it to her front with a short piece of ribbon and a nappy pin which has a clip so it can't come undone. This has worked for me!

Ellie, NSW, DD 3 yrs & TTC # 2

Sign in to follow this topic