Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

DAYCARE DILEMMA Lock Rss

HI EVERYONE,
MY LITTLE BOY COMMENCED DAYCARE EARLY THIS YEAR, ONE DAY A WEEK. HE DIDNT LIKE IT AT FIRST,CRIED A LOT BUT EVENTUALLY AFTER 2 MONTHS OR SO, GOT USED TO IT AND DIDNT CRY. UNFORTUNATELY, FOR NO REASON HAS STARTED CRYING AGAIN WHEN HE GETS DROPPED OFF. IM WANDERING WHY? HE IS STILL IN NURSERY EVEN THOUGH HE IS 18 MONTHS OLD. ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS WITH THEIR CHILD.? ANYWAY, I WILL PERSERVERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE.

HAPPY PARENTING BYE
LUCASMUM

angela,vic,3years old toddler

Hi Lucasmum smile

When I started Jordan at daycare (1 day a week) he loved it! I cried when I dropped him off because I was lucky to get a goodbye.

Several months ago his favourite group leader left and all of a sudden he started crying when I dropped him off. He would cling to me and it would break my heart, but I would stand just out of sight and 2 mins later he would be off playing happily.

It has only been in the last month or so that he has gone back to happy goodbyes. Yet again though he thinks his group leader is the best thing since sliced bread.

Maybe your son is just bored being with the littlies. Have a talk to your group leader and see if you can get to the bottom of what is causing his tears. It could just be that he is going through a clingy stage, or maybe he needs more stimulation with older kids to give him the confidence to be without you for the day.

Good luck smile
Sign in to follow this topic