Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. How do I get my son to wear undies?

How do I get my son to wear undies? Lock Rss

My 2 1/2 year old son Jack refuses to wear undies. He has been slowly toilet training himself for the last 3 months. I havnt pushed anything yet as Im waiting for the warmer weather to kick in. One day a week he goes to childcare. He will go without a nappy there and just wear his pants. He will take himself to the toilet at home and take off his own nappy but demands another nappy on when he is finished. I have bought Bob the bulider and wiggles undies and pull-ups to with no luck. He refuses to wear them or if I put them on he goes ballistic. Can anyone help or are going through the same ordeal? Ive ran out of ideas.

Leonie,Vic,5&2yrold

will he wear undies over then top of his nappy?? Just to get use to them and then you could wean him off the nappy...

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

I found the best way was to not have nappies...I found it harder to tt my 2yr if there was nappies for her. I still had nappies around as I also have a 7mth old but explained that they were bubba's nappies. Hope this helped.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I had trouble with my son & when I was putting the washing away would show him how every one else had Big people undies. Then when shopping I let him choose his own undies, I found that getting him to wear underwear went much easier. I did have a problem with him not always useing the toilet once he started wearing jocks, The solution for us was boxers he only had one accident while wearing them! I put it down to not haveing the elastic around his legs, hence he wouldnt forget he wasn't wearing a nappy.
Sign in to follow this topic