Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. how old to start boys?

how old to start boys? Lock Rss

hi all
Just wondering, i read recently that one of the signs in toilet training is having nick names for " business" or acknowledging they ahve done something. When my son does number 2 he says 'poo" and points to his nappy. I duno if its copying me cause i say have u done poos? or if he genuinly knows what he has done. Mum says he might be ready to start and my DH grandma insists his mother wa sout of nappies at 9 months ( hmmm) what do u think? I think he may be too young, he is 15 months and I ahve NO IDEA and i heard boys take longer than girls anyway???

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

i was wondering the same thing!
my little man is 21 months and when he is about to do a poo he pulls this funny face points to his bottom and fair enough he has done one!
he has no idea with wee wee though!
today i managed to catch him pulling his poo face and raced him to the toilet,i nee to buy him a potty/seat!
i can't beleive that a 9 month old could be toilet trained!!!!!
I have two boys, 3 and 1.

Wait for summer, remove pants and stay outside. He will learn where the wee comes from and he can practice his aim.

My eldest announced he was not wearing nappies shortly after he turned two. At home this was fine and I kept him in towelling training pants and used pull-ups if we were out and about.

We had a potty, which often ended up in the lounge room, kitchen, etc. But why interrupt the game. The toilet was a bit scary, but bribery works.

Learning how and where didn't take much time, but boys lose interest fast. It took ages get him to want to go to the toilet every time, not just when there was nothing better to do. We use lots of stickers.

Now I'm hoping my eldest will teach my youngest.

Sarah, Mum of 2 boys

Sign in to follow this topic