Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

poos in bath??? Lock Rss

My daughter is only 13 months old and everytime i put her in the bath she wants to do poos. How do i stop her from doing this? Or even better, does anyone know why?

I've heard of a lot of kids and older people doing this - its as if the warm water relaxes their body and they just go!

All I can think of is to sit her on the potty next to the bath while you are running it. I use to do this with DD as she would always do a wee, it helped with the toilet familiarisation. Maybe she might just do a poo...

The only other thing is to change the time of the bath so that there is less chance, like just after she does a poo.

Best of luck.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I had the same problem with my daughter when she was younger but she has grown out of it, it was just a phase. Yep, it's the warm water & relaxation of a bath that does it. Thankfully the shower doesn't seem to have the same effect!! At 13 months your daughter has no control over her bladder or bowels so I don't think there is a way to stop it.

Sign in to follow this topic