for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. TOILET TRAINING A BOY AM I ASKING TO MUCH

TOILET TRAINING A BOY AM I ASKING TO MUCH Lock Rss

I POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER SECTION ---- I DIDNT NOTIVE THEIR WAS ONE FOR TOILET TRAINING ITSELF (JUST IN CASE ANY ONE THINKS THEY ARE DOUBLE READING)

i am pregnant with my 1st boy:)smilesmile i have two girls already they are 3 and 4.

i had my girls successfully trained before the age of two.... my first one was a breeze as soon as she got up walking she wanted to use the toilet - she was going complete by 19moths....... my second a lil bit longer she didnt like the #2 in the toilet thing but by 22mths she was there

i am finding alot lately with the people i talk to and my family and friends that their boys were hard or still not trained until just before 4..........

Am i seeking to much to at least have him starting earlier..... is it a boy thing?????? Im clueless and dont like thinking that i am asking to much
Well we hope it doesn't take that long! He's 17 months now and when I ask him if hes done a poo he'll put his hands on the front of the nappy. So it's a good start. I have heard the same as you though, and we'll just go along with him and encourage without pushing, as I guess that's the most important thing.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi

I started toilet training my near 3 year old in november of 2003, and by feburary 2004 he was completly toilet trained. I found No 2's a little harder but a few bribes and he got the hang of No 2's on the toilet. He still isn't night time trained, but with the arrival of No 2 in mid June, I ain't rushing that, maybe summer i will train night time. I also got told by alot of people that boys are alot harder to toilet train then girls, but I think that is just from peoples experiences and comparing them to girls. I also had my man in cloth nappies and that may have been my advantage, he didn't like wet and dirty nappies and learnt that is was just as easy to go to the toilet. I am now a mummy to a baby girl and am hoping she is just as easy to toilet train as her brother was, but I ain't going to compare.

Hope this helps
Heather
Hi,
When my nephew started to toilet train he practically trained himself. He had the bonus of full time day care so was watching the other kids. My sister also trained him initially sitting to do wees, less for him to concentrate on. He trained within months by the age of 2 1/2yrs. The only trouble she had was when others would make him stand. He's now 5 and standing to wee without much mess.
Hope this helps,
Ailsa and Hamish
When I trained my son to wee standing up, I would put a piece of nutri-grain in the toilet for him to 'aim' at. It made him concentrate and was fun, too. I first put a ping-pong ball with a face drawn on it (they can't flush) but he kept wanting to get it out. The nutri-grain flushes and is biodegradeable!!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi Nyrrek

Love the Nutri-grain idea. Have just had a good giggle at it.

Having a one year old boy, i will be keeping it in mind.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

im happy to see that not eveyone is having the toilet training trouble..............

the nutri grain idea is a good one i like it:)smilesmilesmilesmile

its weird to think and im not one of those mums that enjoys to sound like an expert at everything...........
but i know with my girls it was so easy, i had two very content babies who enjoy'd their sleeps and play times. they eat everything (although my 3 yr old is going through a picky stage at the moment - its wearing out) my eldest daughter who is turning 5 in october will even eat those little octopuses sad i think just looking at them makes me sick but that is how good they are.......

IM CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO BOYS AND ALTHOUGH I AM SO EXCITED THAT #3 IS A BOY IM ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED................
i know motherly instincts will kick in:)smilesmilesmile

DOES OR DID ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS FEELING????????
I know that the Nutri-Grain idea is a bit of a scream... forgot to mention that my son won't eat the stuff to this day - he has all sorts of weird thoughts attached to it!! Just kidding. My number three (two year old boy) as I mentioned before, is still slowly training, and we're not quite ready for standing up wees yet, so the Nutrigrain is in the cupboard for a while yet. Just be prepared girls, your husbands will want to have a go too. As far as boys being totally different creatures - My experience says yes! I have four kids - boy (9), girl(5), boy(2), boy (3 mths). My daughter is a total girly girl - she has more shoes and handbags than me. My boys have been much more on the go and full-on than my daughter, but my 2 year old is not as 'rough' as my first was. Even though there are general differences, all children have different temperaments. There is every chance of having a full-on, rough-and-tumble girl, too! The best advice I have for Mums of boys is to be consistent with everything, no matter how tiring. Set good boundaries early on and stick to your rules. This really pays off in the long run and the child doesn't get as confused because they know what is expected of them and the rules don't change. I have also been aware of the important role my husband plays in being my son's model. Studies say that a child will emulate 80% of their traits from the same-sex parent (in a situation where there are two), so keep Dad's (if you can) accountable and involved. boys are great fun and good company. They are funny and smart and will keep you fit.....all the best for your boy experience! now you just have to get changing boy's nappies down pat...all those bits to clean!!!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi, my little hmm man will sit on the lou, tell his doody to do wee's but as of yet it hasn't obayed. Oh well sooner or later he might just jinx it. Yep it was a while ago but my 2 girls now aged 14years and nearly 17years where easy to train. Our 2yo has decided hes not ready and i've come to the conclusion that if he's willing to sit on the lou every second day a couple of times and try then so be it. Why stress them or your self enjoy the little mildstones in between t/t will come. I get a lot of friends that have grown up children stressing that they should be trained by 2yo or that theirs where trained by 2yo what short memories a lot have.
Yes my little man is defenetly different from the girls but i would have 6 more like him,life is a lot more full on with him and i realy should be gray as he has no fear and now i understand that i can turn off and egnore him flipping over the back of the lounge he just wants to see mum jump with fear...not any more..hes just being a Boy!!!!

lin,vic,2yo!!

Sign in to follow this topic