Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Help, not yet TT Lock Rss

Hi

My little girl is now 26 and 1/2 months and not fully TT. She will do a poo on the potty (won't use the toilet even with an childs insert) and will most times tell me she needs to do a poo, but as for wees we are having no luck (occassionally we are lucky). She refuses to do a wee, and will sit for anything from 5-10 mins on the potty and nothing. I have tried the running water even that doesn't work. But as soon as I put her nappy back on she does a wee.
She is in child care most days of the week and with her father one day a week. I have talked to the carers (they do put her on the potty - samething happens as at home) they say it takes time, which I know. But how long?
I am not sure what her father does when she is with him, as he tends to be a bit laid back about even changing her nappy (usually soaked when he does).
Help! Any tips would be valuable?
Thanks everyone

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

Hi Rachel, My name is Lyn and I'm having the same trouble with my little boy who is 2.5 yrs old. He doesn't like sitting on the toilet at all. I've tried to distract him by talking to him about his favourite things (the wiggles at the moment!) and showing him his reward chart but all he says is "off mummy no toilet!". Sometimes he will sit on his potty but nothing will happen. As soon as I put a nappy or pull-up pants on him for his afternoon nap/bedtime he will do a wee or a poo! All I can suggest you do is keep on trying or just leave it for a while and then start up again. I've been told that all kids are different and will let you know when they are ready! Whatever you decide to do, her father will have to be consistent as well as you don't want all that hard work done for nothing! You are not alone so try not to worry too much. Good luck!

Lyn, NSW, 2yr boy

Hi Lyn07

We have had a little bit of success using the potty over the weekend. Paige sat willing on the potty, no 'no potty' I was very pleased that we are finally going back to where we were with the TT.

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

The only thing I can suggest to both of you ladies is to try no nappies or pull ups or jocks at all. I know it sounds messy, but even at nap time maybe just put a plastic sheet over their cot/bed and a towel instead of sheets that way they can't use the nappy as an excuse to wee. If this doesn't work then maybe they aren't ready? When I began toilet training my dd i had her in nothing until she got the idea of wees on the potty.
Best of luck

Also my dd goes to her dads for 2 nights every weekend and I have to admit he is pretty good when it comes to doing what I ask him regarding dd. Just tell him what you have done and that he needs to do the same, ie buy a potty or steps for the toilet and how you are going about it all. Also you could tell him the problems you are having and ask him to work on it a different way, perhaps a males perspective might help? Good luck again smile
[Edited on 17/01/2008]

Mum to Charotte 13-03-06

Sign in to follow this topic