Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. Won't sit on toilet or potty.

Won't sit on toilet or potty. Rss

Hi I have a 2.5 year old son, he use to sit on the toilet but one day the training seat at my inlaws gave way and he fell into the loo, ever since he won't sit on loo, and I don't blame him but i need him to try and get over the fear. He will wear undies and he can hold on for ages, I am due to have my third child in sept and I would like him out of day nappies if possible. I have thought of trying to teach him to stand but what about the poos. Has anyone with boys tought standing instead of sitting? If any one may have any ideas it would apprieciated.
Thanks
lodola
Hi Iodola-
don't know if this will help but when I was teaching my daughter to use the potty I would have it in the lounge room, which seems a bit weird, I know, but she would sit on while watching tv,sometimes with nappy on, sometimes not, until she was comfortable with it. On the toilet, I had an insert, and I would sit on the bath and read her a special toilet book while she was on the loo. Also, she got a sticker for sitting on the loo or potty, and a smartie if she did anything. Do you let him watch you on the loo? Hope this helps!

Ellie, NSW, DD 3 yrs & TTC # 2

When we started TT my son would not sit on the potty. I went shopping and bought a seat for other the toilet and some cool stickers to decorate it with. We did this together to make it a special seat and it worked like a charm. He happily used this and is now successfully trained during the day. We are about to cross the night time hurdle.
Good Luck

Bronwyn, NZ, 3Yr son, 4mth Son

Sign in to follow this topic