for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. How do you toilet train boys???

How do you toilet train boys??? Rss

Hi...I have a boy, who turned two not long ago, and will tell me when he wants to do poo's on the toilet, but will still wet his nappy..this I'm not too worried about, as I sit him on the toilet from time to time and he will wee if he needs, but my real question is when do you teach them to stand up and hold themselves over the toilet...sorry if this is a silly questions but one I'm not sure about..

Hi...I have a boy, who turned two not long ago, and will tell me when he wants to do poo's on the toilet, but will still wet his nappy..this I'm not too worried about, as I sit him on the toilet from time to time and he will wee if he needs, but my real question is when do you teach them to stand up and hold themselves over the toilet...sorry if this is a silly questions but one I'm not sure about..

Hi, My DS is nearly 5yrs, i cant remember that well when he started standing but im pretty sure he just started it oneday, but he was going to daycare and proberly picked it up from there. Sorry i couldnt be much help.

Hi, My DS is nearly 5yrs, i cant remember that well when he started standing but im pretty sure he just started it oneday, but he was going to daycare and proberly picked it up from there. Sorry i couldnt be much help.

Thank goodness someone asked this question - I've been wondering about it for ages!! Little guy is only 15 months but still - better to be prepared!

www.nutrimetics.com.au/sineadfraser

Thanks for that, I'm sure he'll end up doing it himself one day then, grin

My little boy has been toilet trained now for 6 months but has only just been able to stand up and wee in the toilet without his step (with his step he was too high and couldn't aim as well). As your man is a little younger he might be ok with a step to stand on. It is so much easier when they can stand and do it themselves. I hope this helps. smile
My son started wee's on the toilet in October the weekend of his 3rd birthday sitting down initially, he started standing up to wee early February, he thinks he's pretty good too, doesn't even hold it!
Thanks again everyone grin I might just wait a little bit longer when he's not wetting his nappy as much, then encourage him to stand.. he will be a bit older then as well...thankyou..

My DS has been TT since just after his 2nd birthday and still has to sit down and I think they do it like that for quite some time smile Probably less mess that way too lol.

our three year old started by sitting on the toilet. Then progressed to standing after going to child care and watching his daddy. I also found putting a ping pong ball in the toilet helped, something to aim at and it helped make standing a bit more exciting. He loved trying to get the ball, but we had to see that the ball was still there after flushing. Hope this helps.
Hi my son is just over 2 and a half and i've tried toilet trainning him but failed. I tried everything took everyones advice. Should i try again or should i wait untill he is reay? How will i know if he's ready?

Hi my son is just over 2 and a half and i've tried toilet trainning him but failed. I tried everything took everyones advice. Should i try again or should i wait untill he is reay? How will i know if he's ready?

I attempted to start TT my lil guy when he turned 2 which failed lol but tried again when he was 1 month shy of 2.5 to which we had a bad day the first day but 2nd day was awesome.. until he actually got a wee in the potty and the commotion we caused it clicked that that's what he had to do!

I was told not to bother training until he was three that boys were slow blah blah blah lol All children are different and train at different times and the only advice i can give you which i used myself is try, and try again (but not be forceful)

If he doesn't seem ready, leave it for another 2weeks to a month and then try again.. its all trial and error really but you will get there eventually =) oh and when you do start, take a potty everywhere you go, trust me lol

Its been 5 months since we started training my lil guy and he is fully day trained (has been for a while) and we are working on the night training.. but since we started toilet training he seemed to always wake up with a dry nappy.. we are at day 4 now with no accidents at night YAY =)..

its all about time and ALOT of patience and loads of praise..
I hope this has helped, but if he doesn't train right away there is nothing wrong with him or you, he just needs a lil more time to adjust to it =)

Jade & Baby Austyn

My two boys 4 and 3 sit to do wees at home and stand when using public toilets. I know they can aim well due to practice on trees. Your son is still very young i would let him decide what he wants to do.

prince 12/10/05 Prince 15/1/07 Princess 25/10/08

Sign in to follow this topic