Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. how often do u put them on a toilet

how often do u put them on a toilet Lock Rss

hi
ive just started toilet training today and i dont know how often u r ment to sit them on a toilet for my son is a very active boy so trying to toilet train him is goin to be very hard for me any help would b great

thank u
I had all my four children completely toliet trained day and night by 2 years old.
I reminded my children once every 1 hour to see if they needed to go toliet. smile
Good luck!!
Ask them every hour or so, but physically put them on after each meal or snack. Apparently that is when they are more likely to need to go.
Hi I've just toilet trained my son and like yours he is very active. I put him on the potty every 45 mins to an hour.
I have just finished TT my 2 yr old, she's now day & night trained!! In the beginning, I told her that we did wees on the potty/toilet like a big girl now, and had her straight in knickers from day dot! I would ask her whenever I remembered (could be every 15mins or every hour) whether she needed to go, and I would encourage her to sit on there to get used to it. First two days she just weed everywhere, but after she had done a couple on the potty and got all excited and KNEW that was where she was supposed to go, if she went in her knickers she would get told "That's very naughty Alexis, you do NOT wee in your knickers, you need to go to the potty!" Two weeks later and here we are, fully TT night & day!! Good luck!!
I only remind/ask if they needed to go. I really think making them or sitting them on at a scheduled time is a bad idea. I have a friend do it this way and now at 7 he still has lots of accidents. I really believe it is because he was always told when and never learnt how to hold or what it felt like to need to go and when he started school no one was there to make him.
Obviously they'll have accidents, but they are not "naughty" for weeing in their pants it's just best to clean up without too much fuss and move on.

I had all my four children completely toliet trained day and night by 2 years old.
I reminded my children once every 1 hour to see if they needed to go toliet. smile
Good luck!!

Mumy bear do you mind sharing your way of how you got your kiddies TT?
help my boy jack, is 3 1/4 and if he has no undies on he will have no accidents but if you put jocks or jocks and trousers or even a pull up he will wee in them. i remind him every 10 min and he will go a while without then i turn my back and they are wet. i am trying very very hard and am getting discouraged. i also have a 14 month old who i swear i will start putting on the toilet when nappy changing. how do i overcome this problem?
thank u everyone he is only 14 month old but he is quite advanced for his age i have been putting him on the toilet every hr if i remember sometimes every 40 mins and still no luck with him peeing in the toilet i swear he is holding on he knows what the toilet paper is for i even give him books just not having any luck he always came up to me to let me know his nappy was wet or had a bad 1 now ever since ive started TT im just getting no where what am i doin wrong he is cutting more teeth on top so i dont think that is helping either i know he is ready it has been a few months of him comin up to me to let me know when i have to change his nappy i knew it wasnt goin to be easy but i thought by now he would have peed in the toilet
Sign in to follow this topic