Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

day toilet training Lock Rss

I have been trying to train my 2 year old daughter for over about 8 months now and she will not toilet train she sits on the potty and wont do anything then she will get off and moce away and do a wee on the floor then other times i tell her to do a wee on the potty and she says she is scared and will cry and she has never got into trouble for not doing things in the potty can anyone give me any tips at all please.
My son was like that then i made up a sticker chart and bought character stickers like Cars, Toy story etc and we havent looked back since.

quote name='Swillcock' date='01 August 2011 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1312196637' post='3035511']
I have been trying to train my 2 year old daughter for over about 8 months now and she will not toilet train she sits on the potty and wont do anything then she will get off and moce away and do a wee on the floor then other times i tell her to do a wee on the potty and she says she is scared and will cry and she has never got into trouble for not doing things in the potty can anyone give me any tips at all please.
[/quote]

um maybe she's not ready. If she is saying she's scared then put it away or park it in a corner and just leave her for a while. I know everyone says 2 is the magic age but if it's been 8 months and nothing then I'd say you are trying to make her do something she's not ready for. Tbh you could make her want to do it less because of the pressure.
grin
My DS soon to be 3, refused all TT efforts, he wasn't scared, not interested with bribes, could explain the whole process and rewards chart to you but just didn't want to. DH and I after months of getting cranky that he just wouldn't we took the blanket approach and didn't mention the toilet, nappies/undies, big boy. Nearly a month later DS decided he didn't want to wear a nappy and since last thursday has taken himself to the toilet. We're still early days and I'm expecting some nappy loving regression, but the fact is it is a lot easier when they want to.

As hard as it is to hear they'll just be ready one day it's true and it seemed once we let go of the fact that he seemed so late to toilet train and the pressure from everyone else to toilet train it all fell into place. So my adivce take a break enjoy the nappy and see where it takes you.
Sign in to follow this topic