Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. Help 3 and half YO still not fully TT

Help 3 and half YO still not fully TT Lock Rss

Hi All

My DD was TT last year before DD # 2 was born but afterwards she reverted back to nappies and only now is taking interest again but she still wears pull ups on & off and is still doing #2's in her underwear

Any tips / suggestions to get her more motivated to go the toilet

Thank You

Have you tried a star chart or a reward of some type (jellybean, sticker) for every toilet success? She isn't afraid of the toilet, is she?

Have you tried a star chart or a reward of some type (jellybean, sticker) for every toilet success? She isn't afraid of the toilet, is she?

Hi We have tried a reward chart and rewards but still no luck sad I not sure if she scared or lazy?

My DD is 3 yrs 4 mths and not fully trained yet. It took her months to get poo in the toilet. She still wets her knickers a little before she realises she needs to wee.

Is she doing poo in her knickers because she doesn't want to go to the toilet? OR because she doesn't realise she needs to go?

If its because she knows she has to go but refuses there is this method:

For 1 week allow her to poo in the nappy when she asks for one.

Next week allow her to have the nappy but tell her she must use it in the toilet room/bathroom.

Next week allow her to have a nappy and tell her she must sit on the toilet wearing the nappy and poo.

Next week is to give her a nappy with a hole cut out so the poo goes into the toilet.

The desired outcome is she will without the nappy.

Other ideas:
If the 'plop' sound scares her then lined the toilet water with a wad of paper.

Some toddlers think poo is a part of themselves and pooing in to toilet is therefore scary. So lots of reassurance and talking about how its safe for the poo to go into toilet and she will still be the same after she has done it.
Thank you for that advise smile

She definately knows she has to go as she was TT fully before DD #2 arrived smile She is getting alot better at wees but poos in a nappy/underwear so its only that we have to sort out

My DD is 3 yrs 4 mths and not fully trained yet. It took her months to get poo in the toilet. She still wets her knickers a little before she realises she needs to wee.

Is she doing poo in her knickers because she doesn't want to go to the toilet? OR because she doesn't realise she needs to go?

If its because she knows she has to go but refuses there is this method:

For 1 week allow her to poo in the nappy when she asks for one.

Next week allow her to have the nappy but tell her she must use it in the toilet room/bathroom.

Next week allow her to have a nappy and tell her she must sit on the toilet wearing the nappy and poo.

Next week is to give her a nappy with a hole cut out so the poo goes into the toilet.

The desired outcome is she will without the nappy.

Other ideas:
If the 'plop' sound scares her then lined the toilet water with a wad of paper.

Some toddlers think poo is a part of themselves and pooing in to toilet is therefore scary. So lots of reassurance and talking about how its safe for the poo to go into toilet and she will still be the same after she has done it.

I think you will just have to give it time. I don't think its something you can force. My DD did a little poo in her pants yesterday after staying clean for over a week. It is disappointing. She knows its wrong, and I can't do anything more.
We have had no wee accidents which is great smile but the poo we are letting her do in nappy for a week so she doesnt feel too much pressure though she did try go on toilet to do one so at least she is trying smile

Trying is great!
Lets hope 3 months from now you'll be wondering what the problem was =).
Sign in to follow this topic