Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. I thought once she was Toilet Trained I would have freedom

I thought once she was Toilet Trained I would have freedom Lock Rss

Now I'm paranoid she will need to poo while we are out or she will have diarrhoea.
We spend all our time at home basically until she has done a poo if she is due for one. And sometimes she goes 36 hours without a poo.
I feel like I can't go to the park or beach or indoor playground at the mall.
totally recommend you purchase the portable toilet seat. Found in big w, its a plastic cushie seat that sits on top of the toilet seats, comes with its own carry bag and folds small enough to fit in a bag or below a pram. I swear by ours, lives in the car and is taken everywhere.

Alternatively bring alcohol wipes to clean the toilet.

Hospice venturing out, and congrats on the success.
My friend has a portable potty that seals shut, she got it from Baby Bunting. I have one of the toilet seats that PP mentioned, relies on there being an adult toilet available though.

Good luck, it does get easier!
She will poo while we are out. I don't actually know how long she can wait from when she tells me she needs to go and getting to a toilet.
I used to have really similar fears! It took me about 2-3 months to get over it, and I am over it now because DD has never had an accident in public.

I would say that if you make an effort to get your daughter to a toilet as soon as she says she needs to go, then you should be fine. This will still be longer than it takes you at home, e.g. maybe you will have to walk to the other end of the mall to find a toilet, but chances are she'll be okay.

I agree with PP - take the potty with you! I certainly have done for the park, the beach, and long car trips so we can just stop on the side of the road. I don't really do this anywhere where there is a public toilet available like the mall or somewhere.

I guess you just need to bite the bullet and go out - it's not likely that you'll get over these fears if you don't give her a chance! Just make sure you're well equipped with a full change of clothes for both you and her. (I have been weed all over and didn't have a change of clothes with me, luckily it was at a public swimming pool so I don't think anyone really noticed that my clothes were wet!!! Although it was still really gross.)

I used to have really similar fears! It took me about 2-3 months to get over it, and I am over it now because DD has never had an accident in public.

I would say that if you make an effort to get your daughter to a toilet as soon as she says she needs to go, then you should be fine. This will still be longer than it takes you at home, e.g. maybe you will have to walk to the other end of the mall to find a toilet, but chances are she'll be okay.

I agree with PP - take the potty with you! I certainly have done for the park, the beach, and long car trips so we can just stop on the side of the road. I don't really do this anywhere where there is a public toilet available like the mall or somewhere.

I guess you just need to bite the bullet and go out - it's not likely that you'll get over these fears if you don't give her a chance! Just make sure you're well equipped with a full change of clothes for both you and her. (I have been weed all over and didn't have a change of clothes with me, luckily it was at a public swimming pool so I don't think anyone really noticed that my clothes were wet!!! Although it was still really gross.)

Thank you for being so supportive and helpful.

I always carry wipes, spare pants and knickers and a nappy sack (plastic bag). That way if we don't make it on time (there have been a few times). I can just put the poo in the loo and put the clothes in the bag. Wipes to clean up the mess because toilet paper just doesn't cut it if she had an accident.

Don't confine yourself to the house in case she has accidents. It's a learning process and she will learn more control when she gets older. As PP said I carry a potty in the car for long trips or outings where I know a toilet might not be right there. ????

You are right. She has to learn doesn't she. Its all part of the process too. Thanks.
i used to put a pull up on DD at first for outings, i told her they werent 'nappies' so she was not to wet/ soil them, they were 'big girl shopping pants' and when we need to go we still run to the toilet etc but IF she had an accident it would be contained. we took them off the second we got home. she only had one accident and suprised me with how long she could hold it in for! so after a month or so i decided she had enough control and it was undies all the way! these days i still take clean knickers, socks and pants and a plastic bag just in case, but so far ive not needed them.
Sign in to follow this topic