Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. Rewards for Potty ....

Rewards for Potty .... Rss

Hi guys,

We're starting the daunting process of toilet training our 2yr old daughter :~ , and was just wondering if anyone has used rewards when they use the potty successfully .. if so, what did you use? As I cant really think of anything special that she would want to work towards.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Hi

My son happily did wees on potty but never did poohs and so we had a wonderful idea on how to reward him. He just loved Hi 5, so we used Hi 5 as the reward. Everytime he done a pooh on the potty we would put 1 Hi 5 song on for him. It didn't take him long to catch on, and we didn't even have the problem of how to stop Hi 5, eventually it was just something he did without a reward. Another reward system would be stars on a chart / calendar..... Put the chart on the fridge and everytime she goes to potty, she gets to put a star on the chart. And if you have a working partner, it will be something special to show daddy when he gets home from work. And above all, remember praise.

Goodluck
Heather
Hi,

I found stickers were a great incentive for my daughter. She had a sticker chart on the fridge & everytime she went she got to stick a sticker on her special chart. Also I found that she loved to ring her dad at work & tell him. I think it was the whole talk on the phone thing, but she loved it.
Good luck.

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

I have just started TT with our 2 year old daughter. We use a sticker 'Reward' system, where she has to do 6 wees on the toilet, gets a sticker for each one. When she does 7 wees, she gets a star sticker on the chart and gets to pick a Surprise from the Special Box, we really make it a big deal to get something out of it too. It's working well, she's in knickers throughout the day now but still not doing poos. Anyone who has ideas on that, please post response. smile

Fi,WA, 2 girls

Sign in to follow this topic