Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. TT for 5 1/2 months, still struggling!! Help, Advice???

TT for 5 1/2 months, still struggling!! Help, Advice??? Lock Rss

Okay, hers the story I started my then 2 year old Nicholas toilet training 6 weeks before my third bub was due, he was doing well, regressed when bubby came along, but then got back on track. My problem is we have been at this for 5 1/2 months now, he won't tell us when he wants to go do wees, so we usually have to just take him after a few hours. Can't keep him dry for day sleeps, had to put back in nappies. Today he did a poo in his undies & didn't even tell me, I smelt it. When usually he will tell us when he needs to poo. I'm just getting very frustrated & tired. I just don't understand why he won't tell us when he needs to go wees. My eldest son hit 2 & 1/2 & that was it, he was out of nappies fully within 2 weeks. Nicholas is now 2 1/2 & I just feel he should be doing alot better after so long. I'm about to try reward charts for going to toilet & a special one for just asking to go to the toilet. I hope so much this will work. If you have any other ideas or experienced something similar, please let me know.

Cheryl, Qld, 2 boys & a baby princess

HI,
All I can say is have some patience with him, no 2 kids are the same. I used a reward chart for my twins it worked well, but no.3 was the total opposite she took 4ever to train.

It will eventually workout patience is the best.

Good luck.
Cheryl,
I stressed out so much while training my 1st daughter I told myself not to do it this time, so my son turned 2 no big deal lets go to the toilet, no weed in nappy, whoopy! so just shut up about it till 3 weeks ago he's turning 3 next month, i would put pull-ups on and he would still wee in them so I put it down to lazyness, he would know he could get away with weeing himself and no problems, so calmly we bought him Buzz Lightyear undies put them on him said if he weed he would pee down his leg and that would be yukky, before we go outside I make him go9and he does) when we come back inside9and he goes) before we pick my eldest daugther up from school-grade 1, ect....ect... and he hassn't had an accident now he's asking and taking himself, I make him go before bed and put a nappy on for bed and he has been dry for 3 weeks now and undies during the day, we're so confident that we take him out in undies now(what a relief!!!!) we are so proud of him, he gets a jelly bean for doing wees(2) and for trying(1) and a lollypop for poos, I must admit he was just great getting the poos-he hasn't pooed his nappy or undies for 6 months now-I don't know what we did he just go it.

good luck, rewards work magic,
Belinda

Belinda,Qld,3 children(1 in heaven)

Sign in to follow this topic