Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Parental Fail Lock Rss

Do you have one of those little seats for the toilet? I read DD a book while she's on there, keeps her there for longer smile

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

Axiom wrote:
yeah we can put the potty seat over the toilet but he wiggles and screams as soon as we put him on it sad

Does he do the same thing on the potty? Maybe he is afraid of falling in etc? Could you put some ping pong balls in the toilet for him to look at to make it more interesting? I really like 80s baby's advice smile

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

A friend of mine got her Ds to wee in the shower. So he would just take himself and wee in there. Now he is day toilet trained in the toilet.

Might be something to try. smile

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Don't stress smile you can struggle for months teaching him to TT before he wants to, or wait and teach him in a week when he is ready.

Aka G&L smile

Ds1 first started doing wees outside then he did it in an icecream pot held under his Willy and he will now go in the toilet! Still working poos though.

It's hard too, when they get to a certain age they learn how to use 'I need to go to the toilet' as a reason to get out of doing something they don't want to do, like going to bed or eating veges smile it's hard to work out when it's real and when it's a secret ploy to fool mum and dad!

Aka G&L smile

Alot of kids have trouble with tt. My ds is 3 1/2yrs and we started last June & only now is he finally standing up peeing in the loo. He point blank refuses to do poo in the loo. I have lots of poo pants & the occassional wee pants.

I have had alot of trouble even getting him to sit on the toilet. He for quite some time would kick and scream as if I was going to kill him. I would be dragging him to the toilet with arms and legs going everywhere. Now he just hangs on like a camel. I ask him off & on if he needs to go and he always says no. I still have a huge effort to try and get him to go to the toilet to do a wee. Most times I fail.

I never had a potty. We just started out with the step and kid seat on the toilet. I have tried also charts, books, bribrary etc. nothing worked for me in those areas.

It just takes alot of time and patience. That is the one thing I am now starting to realise. I wish you heaps of luck.

Just going to share. My DS has always hated a dirty nappy. So when he was 18 mth he started taking them off. This is where he started watching himself having a wee. In the shower he would wee and we started to make a game of it. DH would shower him so they both would do a wee. This is where our TT started. DS watched the dogs one day do a wee on the grass so DS to his nappy off and did a wee too. I started to let him play outside with no pants and he would actually stop and say "i do wee on grass like dog" Now he knew what he was doing I let him go naked in the house and told him to do a wee in the shower like daddy. To my surprise he started doing this on his own. There were accidents but he would always stop himself and run to the shower. I never pushed anything. I left him to work it out for himself. He started watching DH use the toilet so we got a step and he uses the toilet to pee now. He is 2 1/2 now and we only use a nappy for sleep. Doing # 2 is still a work in progress. He use to wait for a nappy, then he started hiding and telling me after. I would just say "Oh dear, mess" and clean it up. Now my mantra is "Poo's on the potty pls" He will carry it around the house when he needs a poo but only yesterday did he use it.

I think a more relaxed approach to TT is needed. Some of you may be shocked to hear that because my DS is afraid of public toilets I will let him do a wee outside, on a tree when we walk the foreshore or in the drain outside at the sports grounds. If he does have an accident I really don't pay much attention to it. we just change his pants and tell him it doesn't matter. Toilet next time!

Young people learn from experience. So who are we to try and stop them

Sign in to follow this topic