Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Shall I keep at it? Lock Rss

I have just started toilet training my 2yr 4month old this morning and although she hasn't wee-ed on potty she has sat on it many times. She has had 4 accidents in a row.. Not sure if this is normal or if I should stop and wait because perhaps she can't decipher when she needs to wee.. I am sitting her on the potty often so it's not from a lack of trying and she seems to understand the process..
Any advise would be appreciated ????.
Stop and try again in a few weeks. Is is so much easier once they are ready.
Stop and try again in a few weeks. Is is so much easier once they are ready.
Hi there

Regression is normal in toilet training. We've put together some tips on how to deal with it and also if you would like to try out our toilet training pants you can request a sample as well!
https://www.huggies.com.au/toddler/toilet-train...

Let us know if you have any more questions!

smile
how long have you been trying? for me, 1st day was about only a million accidents, day 2, accidents every 30mins - 1 hour, we're on day four now and he's holding it for 1-2 hours, so its improved massively from day one. Toilet training can be messy business. fact.
my problem is he isn't quite making it to the loo on time, but because he's progressed each day, I'm going to give it 2 weeks, if we've had no improvement then, I'll be stopping until the next holiday round. Your DD may likely need more time. don't forget stars stickers or stamps for her rewards. even attempted. praise goes a long way.
Sign in to follow this topic