Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

nappy or the potty? Rss

My son is almost 2 & a 1/2 he has been wearing undies since he was 18months he refused to wear a nappy during the day ( he wantted to be just like dad & wear undies). We started off very wet but after investing in a wee-man things became alot dryer. He loved the idea that this was his speacial thing plus he gets to stand up like dad & he can use it all by himself. But we couldn't get our son to sit on the toilet he was afraid he would fall in, so we bought a potty for him but no he won't use it. Some nights we will sit with him for about 45mins waiting for him to do a poo we read books, sing song & give him alot of encouragement. Sometimes he will do a poo but most times he wait 5 mins after we put his nappy on for bed to do his poo. My husband & I find it very frustrating not only is it costing us alot of money in nappies but our son wants to start wearing undies to bed of a night. If anyone has any ideas on how to help us we would really be happy to hear from you. We have tried a lot of things rewards, special treats, alot of praise even punishment but nothing works & our son is very stubourn & indepent. Please help.

mana,nsw 9mth & 2 1/2 yr old

Hi Mana

I have a little girl who is almost 2 and she will not sit on the potty either. I went out and got one of those Cushy Tushy's it is a small toilet seat that sits on the actual toilet seat, it is padded and just the right size for little bottoms. Hannah loves sitting on it because it is just like mummy and daddy.

We are only just starting toilet training and it is a bit of a game to her at the moment. We haven't had much success but she is well on the way and actually goes into the toilet and calls out to me, although I do sometimes think it is more to play with the toilet paper.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you but good luck.

Jo

Jo, toddler & 1 on way

Sign in to follow this topic