Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. 13 month old boy and have started Training

13 month old boy and have started Training Lock Rss

Hi All,

I am also confused about tt..but thoguht i would start early...my prob is i am a working mum so i didnt wanna leave it till 18mnths and then take another year or so..

I started ont he big toilet with the step ladder thing, but i feel its too soon, so i bought a potty..i train him weekday evening when we get home and weekends all day....its been a week...i hit jackpot with a wee in the potty two days ago...but nothing since..

I must not be giving him enough time after fluids...anyone got any good advice...i read books to him he sit for about 5 mins but then gets bored...and he is quite advanced in other areas so I though why not TT..

He started walking at 10 months..he says a few clear words, understands most things i say..

Would love some feedback..

Thanks
Ekki

Ekki, NSW, Baby Boy 20/4/05

hi ekta,
sounds like your trying a great thing with your son, ive done an assignment on tt and i thught i could let you no that if you rush and try and force children nto tt it could turn around and bite you and he could just stop and all of a sudden not want to do it again 4 a while, children will offten certainly let you no when they are ready for tt. if he is walking around let him come in to toilet when you go and he will observe what you are doing and hopefully in time he will want to do it to, just remember it does take time and it will happen no need to force it happen.
good luck with it, sounds like you have a very intelligent boy and he sounds great fun.

steph n alexis 20mths and pregnant with 2nd bub

Hi Ekki when I was little my mum use to wait for half hour after I just had a drink and feed than take me to the toliet and mum said it work most of the time but not always and I hope that helps and my daughter is 13 months old and I am going to start her on the potty and did you start during the winter or not?

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic