Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. my son wont stay on the potty

my son wont stay on the potty Rss

hello,
i have a gorgeous little 18mh old son and i am just starting to toilet train him.
the only issue i have is he wont sit on the potty for more then a couple of seconds before he gets bored and stands up and wants to do something else.
He is a very active little man and likes to be running around rather then sitting.
i have tried many things such as placing his fav tv show on, letting him suck on a icey pole and lots of encouragement.
i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestion on how to make hime sit that one bit extra.

thanks in advance =)
francine

Fran,QLD, 18mths gorgeous son!!

Hi Francine

Yes, i would like to say that we are experiencing the same problem @ the moment and our Nicholas will be 3 in July 2007.
He thinks it's a HUGE game at the moment and wont sit still for more than 2 minutes, we even read him his favourite books, toys etc, to take his mind off it....but nothing is working!!!
Will certainly be listening to any advise on the toilet training issues here on Huggies

take
care

ann
With my daughter I give her a book to look at while on the toliet and we also play games on the toliet.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic