for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. 3yo would NOT do poos in the toilet

3yo would NOT do poos in the toilet Lock Rss

HELP!!! I'm attempting to toilet-train my 3yo AGAIN. He was doing very well in terms of going to the toilet to do wees without my having to prompt him (until baby was born and we've seemed to have to start from scratch again) sad

Problem is that he won't tell me before he needs to do a poo, so it never ends up in the toilet. He doesn't poo at a regular time, so I can't just pop him on the toilet and wait it out.

Makes it hard, because I have him in undies (since we're working on weeing in the toilet), but I'm well and truly sick of ending up with poos in the undies.

I put him in pull-ups or nappy when we go out just to saved having to clean up a mess when we're out and about.

PLEASE HELP!!!

C4Lin, WA ; DS(1) 25 02 04 ; DS(2) 10 10 06

Hi there

Im afraid i cant offer much help but i can tell you that you are SO not alone!
Im training my 2 1/2 year old-well im not sure if im training him or not anymore!!LOL!
We have made numerous attmepts as in like this would be our 4th or 5th-he is such a smart little boy but soooo stubbourn! Everything has to be HIS idea!
So about a week ago i gave up again! and what do yuo know-he started taking himself off to do wees!!!! But at this stage the poo is STILL in the jocks and i SO hear you about being over cleaning up poo out of jocks-its just foul and gross and frustrating!

i just strip him off and throw him in the shower!!
Heres hoping they get the idea soon...
kath

Kathryn - Zack-4, Toby-2 & Molly 1

hi, i had the same problem. he would alway get a nappy or hold on until he had one at night. i got frushrated with it so for a whole day he did not wear any nappy, (i hid them and said they where all gone), no jocks no pants, bare bottom. and every 15 mins took me to the toilet and read him a book or blew bubbles to distract him. and we got a POO! all i said was 'good boy, thats a poo!' my partner and i also took him to the toilet with us for a couple of days so he felt comfortable. he now goes himself to the toilet with a very persistant bubbles mummy bubbles, so i have a nother problem. leaving off any pants made him wants to go to the toilet because he did not like weeing on himself.

it was very exhausting of that week but worth it. now i know what to do with my 11month old boy. i also did the same with my daughter leaving no pants/undies on her.

hope that i could help.
good luck

3 gorgeous monsters mum

Sign in to follow this topic