Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

When is too early? Lock Rss

My son is 14 months old and I have started sitting him on the potty (with nappy on) and repeating wees and poohs, so he gets used to it. When is a good time to start teaching him fully?
Hi there,
my daughter is 22months and i just properly started toilet training her yesterday...as she has shown signs for months,and i was greeted yesterday morning with her handing me her wet nappy saying'wee wee'...
i too sat miki on her potty with her nappy on for months before hand,which i have felt has helped heaps.
i guess its just a matter of giving it a try to see if he's ready..
good luck...

Bec,VIC,MIKI 16/7/05 JELLYBEAN EDD 24/8/07

My son just turned 14mths. I started sitting him on the toilet with no nappy on before his bath and between some nappy changes. He now asks to go to the toilet and I have got about 4 wees from him while he's been sitting on the toilet. Theres no reason why you can't start taking the nappy off and seeing how he goes. If he's not into it leave it a while, otherwise go with it. DS had no dramas with being on the toilet so I took full advantage.

I think that your son is showing you that he is ready now and even if you just take his nappy off before bath time and let him sit there for while and see what happens and sometimes it happens and I started to toliet train my daughter when she was 14 months old and now she is nearly 2 years old and now she is wearing knickers and your son will tell you when he is ready for the next stage and make a big fuss when he does something in his potty or toliet.

Good luck.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

My DD sits on the potty before bath time every night. She loves it and it is part of her routine now. She does do wees in it and loves the attention she gets. Not every night but most nights now. I don't expect her to potty train just yet but while she is happy to sit there and do some wees I figure it all helps. Go ahead and see how your little man does!!

Hi

I also sit my 14 month old on the potty while her bath is running. I have done this since 9 month and she did wees everytime as soon as the water starts running. Now when i sit her on it she is so used to it she does a wee before the bath starts running.

The other night she was running around with no nappy on and i noticed her poo pulling face so i sat her on her potty and she did a poo on it. I was sio excited.

I am not trying to toilet train her but just get her comfortable with the potty so when we do its not so hard.

Amber smile

My girl is 7.5 months old and she has been using the potty for the past month. She does all her poos in there and alot of wees. We strated sitting her on when we ran her bath and because that was working we started sitting her on when she work, after lunch etc and now she does something nearly every time and grunts when she wants to do a poo. We are pretty relaxed and if she does something great , if she doesn't she doesn't. I don't think it's ever too early. Some start using the potty from birth.
My daughter is 13mths and we have started her...we figured it can't be any harder or worse than when we started training our other daughter at 2yr3mths. So go for it. Check out "The Baby Whisperer solves all your problems" by Tracy Hogg and www.pottytraining.com.au
Good Luck
Lee-Anne
2yr10mth & 13mth Girls
Sign in to follow this topic