Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. Anyone given the potty a miss, and gone straight to the toilet?

Anyone given the potty a miss, and gone straight to the toilet? Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone has toilet trained their toddlers without using a potty.

My DD is only 15 months, so we're a little way off yet, but I really don't want to use a potty with her - just wondering if anyone else has gone straight to the toilet with their training.

Thanks!

Joanne, WA, DD 22.05.06 & DS 04.10.07

Yes I went straight to the toilet with my son and everything has been fine. He really likes his toilet seat and enjoys sitting up there like his mum and dad. He still sits down for both '1's' and '2's', but we will deal with the standing up and weeing when he is a bit older.

I don't see anything wrong with going straight to the toilet. The only reason I think some use potties are for there mobility.

Peta Fahy
I put my daughter straight on the toilet when we started out tt. She absolutely loves it now. When im on the toilet she comes in and tells me to get off when ive just sat on it or just gone in the bathroom to go . says it charleys toilet. I did try potty but i think it was way too low for her to use. toilet is much higher up.

philippa mum of Charley chicken

Yes with both girls, we just used a slip in toilet seat which makes the seat smaller (so little bums don't fall in!). No problems - I was not keen on continually cleaning out a potty.

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

I went straight to the toilet for my ds and now the same for my dd,I couldn't stand the thought of cleaning a potty.I also used a little toilet seat that we bought at Big W for about $10

Hi

My daughter is 22 months and was getting very interesed in toilets, i was given a potty and i tried her on it but she SO didn't like it it, i bought one of those soft seats with winnie pooh on it from spotlight that sits on the toliet and she loves that, yet to actually wee or poo in it but loves sitting there and often asks to go to toilet.

claudia
Hi my adorable son is 17 m and i have just started introducing the toilet a few days ago and he has done well. He managed to do no 1's/2's and im a proud mum. I am not going to invest in a potty, just got a trendy winnie the pooh toilet seat thats got some comfortable padding. I hope he will keep going well.

Love my Jayden

Hi there

I didnt bother wasting money on a potty, I just got a toilet seat to insert in the toilet so my son can sit comfortably on it and its working fine. I dont see the point in a potty, they are more effort as you have to clean them out and then in the end you have to teach your child to go in the normal toilet anyway.
Hi ladies,
My DS is almost 16mths so we are not working too hard on tt but would like him to be tt by the time #2 comes in Feb...he has always worn his "jocks" outside n Ive just dealt with the mess when it arrises but have now started to teach him about the toilet! I bought a toilet seat/stand from target and he loves it,it has two steps and the smaller seat just sits on top once folded out it is a great one piece invention i think LOL! i didnt want the drama of going from the potty to the toilet later!

Hello
i put my daughter on a potty an she was scared so we put her on the toilet an she has been on it since. good luck with it hope all gose well
we tried the potty when my son was 16mths old and never wanted it, (plus they have to learn twice so personally its a waste of time)
so when he was around 18,mths he sat on th loo and loved it, not 2 1/2 he can do wee's on the loo but ive forced him in wearing undies all day unless sleep time.

so its up to you what works best

izacc,ethan and mya

Sign in to follow this topic