Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

about to pop another Lock Rss

hi all i have a beautiful little girl who turns 2 in may and a baby due in april and i m terrified that it is too close i know i know a bit too late to be thinking about that i wanted to wait a little longer till my second but i guess im pretty fertile so i was wondering if anyone with chn close in age have any advise im a stay at home mum but my partner owns and runs his own bussiness with my help ofcourse and works ALOT so im pretty much doing most of the wk on my own untill he gets home in the arvo which im not complaining about just a lttle worried how i will go out in the big world advise anyone xx

Hi there,
Sorry don't have any advise, just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
My girl is 2 in April and our second is pretty much due on her birthday.
I'm finding it really hard to amuse and entertain her while being pregnant, and am not looking forward to having a newborn as well as a toddler! Eeek!
There are so many people out there who do it tho, so it can't be that hard, surely?
I guess we've just got to take it one day at a time..
Good luck!
Hi..

My 2 girls are 14mth apart and I remember feeling the same way you are. While I was pregnant with my second we bought our eldest a doll and started treating it as a real baby so when my yougest was born she was more prepared and it seemed to work as she became a real mother to her. As freaked out as I was when I found out I was pregnant it actually worked out well as they are good company for each other.
Hope that makes you feel a little better .... Mel
Hi crystal16
My DD and DS are 25 months apart and I will be blunt with you and say that I did find it very hard when DS was first born. My DH works away 4 days and 4 nights a week interstate so sometimes I feel as though I am a single parent! However, the best advice I can give you is to involve your DD as much as you can in caring and helping with the baby, let her get the nappies, or help put cream on your newborn. I have also found that when DS was asleep, I used to lie on the couch with DD and have a cuddle. To hell with the housework, it can wait! When you have to go out in public, make sure you take lots of little treats with you so that your DD feels special if you have to stop and feed your newborn or whatever. They work good as rewards too. There will always seem like there is something else you SHOULD be doing for the first few months with a newborn and toddler, and you feel as though you cannot get anything at all done. At times like this, just remember that your children will only be this age and this small for such a short time, make the most of it because the second time around time goes even faster than the first. Once the baby is a few months old, then I cannot stress enough that you have a good bedtime routine for both of them. As I am on my own for 4 nights a week, my kids have a straict bedtime routine (the times can be a little flexible, but the events are always in the same order) and I am pleased to say that both of my kids go to sleep very easily and do sleep through the night. Just remember to involve your toddler in as much as you can to do with the new baby, and the idea of a doll is a good one too. And do not worry if your toddler has fish fingers a few nights in a row for tea, your sanity and well being is much more important than cooking gourmet meals and having a clean house! I have a magnet on my fridge that says "Good Mothers have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids!" Also accept help if it is given, this is one mistake that I made as I wanted to prove to everyone that I could do it on my own!! Silly girl that I was! Good luck with it all, and always keep in the back of your mind that it does get easier as the new baby gets more settled into a routine as they get a little older.

Hi, my kids are 21 months apart. When i had my second i thought i would be prepared and have a present for him at the hospital etc. all the things they say you should do. Everything was ok but when i brough my baby DD home my son was extremely aggressive and hit, pushed and tried to sit on her and i was so upset. He was craving attention because i had been away and brought this thing home. I thought oh my god what have i done but after 24 hours and lots of cuddles everything was great. The first three months were hard having a newborn who obviously needed lots of attention and a toddler who was craving one on one time. I always had cuddles and stories with my DS and when we read stories put my DD on the lounge next to us (on the opposite side to him) and we all read together so he learnt to include her. I let him get her nappies and powder etc and he loved it and started loving her. Now my kids are 1 year old and almost 3 and they are great friends. My DS taked her to his room to play without mum around and she loves him. They still push and my DD hits him (she is a great self defender) but over all it is a great relationship. Now they are olser i wouldn't have done it any other way.
The first months are really hard - sorry to be so honest but it does get really, really good down the track. Walks in the pram really saved my sanity (and great friends and grandparents). Good luck you've done the right thing

Nikki, little boy due in may

Hi,
I have 3 kids and my eldest 2 are 2 years and 2 weeks apart in age plus (14 & 12 yrs old) plus we have a bub who is 17 mnths. The older ones are a girl & boy and they are best mates. I actually think having the 2 year gap was perfect. It was a little tireing at times but for the most part it was great. I think the first 3 months were the hardest as I had a c section so was recovering from that as well as having no sleep and a toddler to look after but I was always happy about the gap. so my advice is t enjoy because before you know it they will be in high school lol.
all the best!

lisa : )

Sign in to follow this topic