Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

how early is to early Lock Rss

Hi i have a 11 month old... and i thought id would be better yo post this msg in with the older ones....

i was wondering about single beds...like how old was ur lil one when u put in a single bed......

the cot that my DD is in...i wouldnt say unsafe..it wouldnt do any harm at all..... but we have had to bolt the side that moves up and down.... and coz the clips were broken.... i was gonna buy her a new one...but is there really any point when she gonna be in a bed in a few months or so

So im just wondering how old was ur lil one when they went into a single bed
Im getting one of those floor beds with the sides...Eg like the car ones

Shelley, NSW, Breanna 19/11/04, Lachlan 5/01/07

Im sure u all know how old ur lil one was when they went in a single bed.....
so can some one be nice enough to help me

Shelley, NSW, Breanna 19/11/04, Lachlan 5/01/07

My son is 22 months old and we have just made the move to a bed last week. It is really up to personal choice when to move into a single bed. The reason we just moved is because he did the dreaded fall out without any sign that he was even thinking about climbing! I would have had no hestiation moving him earlier if he started climbing earlier.

He has been having his day sleeps in a car single bed (probably the exact car one you refer to) at Day Care since about 11 months - no worries. He actually takes himself to bed when he is tired as he can climb in!!

Two friends of mine have had children close together. One made the decision to move the older straight to bed and the other borrowed a second cot. Both choices worked. The one who moved the 12 month old to the bed was told basically just be consistent and start as you want to finish - put them back into bed if they get up (they catch on really quick) unless you like them coming visiting then let them in of course. Also make sure that you check the room again to make sure it is safe as they may choose to get up and explore the room rather than come looking for you.
Sign in to follow this topic