Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Cutting out day sleep Lock Rss

My DD has just turned two and has decided to cut out her day sleep which was only ever one and a half hours at most anyway.
At the same time she has started sleeping 12 hours through the night instead of 10 1/2 to 11.
She seems to be coping ok without the nap but I still put her in her cot for at least half an hour to rest although she spends most of the time calling out to me telling me she is awake! She just seems young to go without a nap.
Anyway my question is how much does your toddler sleep and when did they cut out the day sleep?
Thanks in advance!
My DS started dropping his just after he turned two as well. We try to get him to have a rest on the couch with the TV on which sometimes works. He has a sleep in his bed occasionally but usually says "No Bed" after lunch and would cry and wake his brother up if I insisted. I just make his bedtime earlier.
His behaviour seems worse lately and I think it is because he is more tired before dinner.
He usually sleeps from 7.30 - 7.00 am but has been earlier since day light savings finished. Last week he woke up at 4.45am and I cracked it and told him he had to go back to sleep or else... it worked but I didn't get back to sleep as DS2 woke up and then DH got up for work, grrr!
My son gave up day sleeps just after he turned two as well. We never had any luck with any rest times after that. He was grotty late afternoon for a while but adamant about not having a day sleep. He soon adjusted and it's been that way ever since. He's now 5.
Sign in to follow this topic