Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. day sleeps - wakes up crying and wants to be held!!

day sleeps - wakes up crying and wants to be held!! Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem that I am having with my 2yr old DS.

He usually has a good sleep during the day (about 1.5 - 2hrs) but when he wakes up he starts crying and kicking like he's having a tantrum.

I try to calm him but it takes a few minutes and then he just wants me to hold him for ages. The problem is that he pretty much always wakes the baby (DS 3months) and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! This is happening practically every day now. It's hard to comfort him while trying to deal with a crying baby as well.

Why is he waking like this? He usually wakes up fine in the mornings - why are daytime sleeps so different!

Any advice - PLEEEEEASE smile !
Hi,
I went through exactly the same thing with my 3yr old when he was about 2yrs old. It was something that he eventually grew out of, but there was nothing that I could do to prevent it! I did find that each episode was shortened if he was left to his own devices ie: I didn't go into him and try to talk him through it. Sometimes he actually went back to sleep (after screaming for 3-5 mins)for 30-40 mins and then woke up ok. I'm not sure if you'll find this helpful, but it will get better.
Good luck.
Hi Xmum,
Don't know if this is still a problem for you or not, but anyway... my boy is a bit younger than yours but how he wakes up usually has a lot to do with how he goes to sleep.
When a child is cuddled to sleep and they wake up in their bed or cot, they are surprised because the last thing they remember is the arms that held them and they wonder where they are now! I don't know if that's the problem for your boy or not, as the other Mum said, it does sound like he is still tired.
Hope it's working out for you.
xox

YM04, DS Sept 04 & Baby girl Nov 06

Sign in to follow this topic