Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 2 yo who wont stay in bed!

2 yo who wont stay in bed! Lock Rss

My 2 year old has just figured out how to open his bedroom door in the last few weeks. I am at my whits end. It is taking me up to 3 hrs to finally get him to sleep. He goes to bed at 7.30pm, and wakes through the night, and is normally up by 6am! To make things worse, he doesn't have a day sleep as this also takes up to 3 hrs. In the end i give up and get him out of bed.

I have tried supernannys techniques, taking all of his toys out of his room and even lost my temper and smaked him, (which i have apologised for later). None of which have worked.

I am currently 28 1/2 weeks with #2 and would really love him to sleep. I'm very tired. Any suggestions would be great!
Guess what Nic, Im in exactly the same situation, son exactly the same age ( 1day older) and no#2 due 28th feb. I am going through the same thing at the moment. He is screaming his head off as I type.
His day sleeps are fine, no problem. Night time is awful.
He is getting his last molar at the moment and is having grumpy 2 year old terrors.
But the only thing I can do is explain to him that he needs to go to sleep and let him cry it out.
Your door situation is not good. If you have knobs as handles you can buy a childproof cover to prevent him opening the door. I saw these at baby bunting.
I really hope this gets better soon! for both of us!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Thanks for the great advice. We brought him a special buzz lightyear nightlight, that he can turn on and off when he is feeling scared. this has helped alot.
Sign in to follow this topic