Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. nappies leaking overnight

nappies leaking overnight Lock Rss

hi all

ethen is 19 months old, 12kg and wears a junior sized nappy overnight...he has always been a heavy wetter at night - don't ask me why but he always pees soooo much more at night time.
we have been getting him at 11pm every night for months now to try and avoid a wet bed, but its not working anymore.
the huggies site suggests going up a size...but we are out of sizes, and any bigger than junior size is going to get too big around the leg i think. (i.e. dry nites)
i have seen on a NZ website huggies 'overnight' nappies but can't find them stocked anywhere.

has anyone seen them in these parts of the world???

i am tempted to 'boost' the nappies overnight with a cloth booster - anyone tried this? but then i feel silly! if i am going to put a piece of cloth in there, maybe i should just go cloth altogether!!! its very rare that he does a poo overnight...hehe.

i really just want to get back to him having a full nights sleep and less washing!!!

any suggestions welcome smile

[Edited on 08/07/2008]...except cutting back on his liquid intake... i am not keen on that!!! thanks.
[Edited on 08/07/2008]

Yep I always go up a size when the night wetting starts but looks like you can't do that! I've heard that you can get a thing to put in the nappy that is a bit like a pad to soak up extra moisture. I used to use sanitary pads a bit but dont have a problem with it any more so dont need to. I remember someone getting some especially for nappies online somewhere but I'm not sure what they are called or what site.. you might have to do a bit of googling! smile good luck!

Hi there, I know the feeling my DD has been wetting bad through the night and someone suggested using incontinence pads to absorb more. Haven't tried it as yet but have tried to go up a size, fingers crossed it works. Maybe they pee more at night when its colder, who knows.
DS went through a stage of really wetting a lot overnight but it dropped off again. We just bought some of those flannel type pilchers ($6 each?) and put them on over the nappy. These worked a treat. My mum suggested just wrapping a cloth nappy around their middle i.e. over nappy, under clothes to catch the overflow. Never need to do this as well as the pilcher.

Good luck.

I was just going to log a post with exactly this problem ! My son is 14 months, weighing about 1.5-12kgs and is in the toddler 10-15kgs. Lately we have had leaky nappies over night. I thought it was due to me giving him an extra bottle overnight. I am trying to get him out of this habit and last night spent an hour patting, got through the night with no milk but still had leaky nappy this morning. I thought the next size up would be too big, but as it is suggested here, I will give it a go for nighttime use. Thanks.
Try a different brand? And cut down liquid an hour or so before bed.

Can I ask why you aren't keen to cut down his liquid intake.

If he is drinking plenty of water during the day and getting his 600ml of dairy he wont need anything that close to bed. Just give him his milk etc earlier in the day.
[Edited on 19/07/2008]
My DS does this when he is cold. If you are cold you need to empty your bladder more. I found that I make sure he is warm in his room and in a sleeping bag and he is fine. If it is a colder night I warm the room up more.

Have a look in your chemist there are some pads you can get that go into the nappy Bebe off the top of my head, in a yellow packet.

currently being updated please check back later.

I also have been having this problem for a while. I let DS have free fluids all day, then after his afternoon nap, he only has sips of water if he asks for it, and his milk before bed. Then I put a cloth over-nappy over his large huggies nappy! And this usually works. I got a polyester large size overnap from Baby City.

JB

I also have been having this problem for a while. I let DS have free fluids all day, then after his afternoon nap, he only has sips of water if he asks for it, and his milk before bed. Then I put a cloth over-nappy over his large huggies nappy! And this usually works. I got a polyester large size overnap from Baby City.

JB

It sounds like a universal problem!!! You'd think that the smart marketing dudes at huggies would've come up with a nght time nappy for heavy night time piddlers, one that is the same size as the aother nappies for the weight, but hold like twice the volume of wee! it would be a godsend!

Hi all,

i had the exact same problem with my ds, i found this website www.thenappylady.com.au, they have whats called BEBES uLTRA NAPPY MATES, they are fantastic you just put the insert into the nappy making sure you dont put it to far forward and this has saved us for the last 3 months no wet nights, sleeping most of the night thru.

you can get them in 3 pack of 20 for $11.95 then i think it was $4 for postage.

it has saved a lot for us it is definatly worth a try

best of luck
Hi,

Have you tried putting him him in a girls nappy overnight? This worked for my friend who had a similar problem with her son.
Sign in to follow this topic