Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappy Pants

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Not a toddler but age 4 and wakes up at night.

Not a toddler but age 4 and wakes up at night. Lock Rss

My 4 yr old goes to bed with no problem at 8pm. At 7pm or so we start her sleep routine. She goes to the toilet, brushes her teeth, 7.30pm DH takes her to her room and plays a quite game, then read a book or 2. Tug her in, give her a back and tummy rub and a kiss goodnight. Switch lights off and leave the room. She goes to sleep. This routine has been in place for a long time.

Some nights she wakes because she wet her bed. Other nights we don't know why she wouldn't say. She'd come into our room and sometimes wants to sleep in our bed. Sometimes she wants DH to sleep in her bed. Most times DH would carry her back to bed. Sometimes he tucks her in and leave the room or lies down with her for a short time until she goes off to sleep.

We want to stop these night visits. She's been waking up 1 or twice sometimes even 3 times a night. She has been doing this on and off for 2 yrs. But now that we have another 1 yr old we are really tired with both of them waking up. But have no idea how to do it.
If I were you, I'd have a good chat to her and tell her she's so grown up etc etc and grown up girls don't need mummy and daddy overnight. Then it just comes down to discipline. If you've let her do it for 2 years already then she probably doesn't realise what is expected of her. She knows she will get what she wants..... I would lay down the rules and stick to it.

Noodle 24/12/05 Mops 03/11/07

Sign in to follow this topic