Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Moving house, any tips to help my son adjust quickly?

Moving house, any tips to help my son adjust quickly? Rss

Hi Ladies,

We are moving house this week and I was wondering if any of you have any tips to help my 16month old adjust to his new house?

The first sleep and the day sleeps especially?

Hope you can help...

Thanks

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Hello,
We moved when my daughter was aroun the same age, stayed with my mum for a few weeks then into our new home, i tried to keep a vague routine and made sure she still had her toys and blankets around her and let her explore the new place...she was fine, i was more stressed than her!
hope it goes well
We also moved when Isaac was around that age. I found it really helpful to set up his room as similar as I could to the old house and make sure he knew where his favourite thiings were. Also keeping the same routine will let him know that just because the house has changed doesn't mean everything else has too. Maybe just include a little more cuddle time before bed.

Good luck with the move and let us know how you go.

me '78, df '77, ds 5/5/03, dd 28/11/05

Your sons name is lovely, I love the Kai Xavier. We have a Tyler so we cant have a Kai, but it is lovely.

When we moved we used the same cot, linen etc... and he had the same teddy. So it was like sleeping at someone elses house, or away on holidays etc... we kept the same routine too. After just a couple of days he was showing us where his bedroom was etc... He was 2 though. We have now been here for 4 months and we have also made the transition into the bed, and then changed rooms to share with his younger brother. Its like he coped better than us.

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

Sign in to follow this topic