Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How do I keep our son in his own bed all night..

How do I keep our son in his own bed all night.. Rss

Hi there all,
For the past 3 months our 2.5yr old son has been waking during the night and coming into bed with us both. We would each night take it in turns by putting him back in his own bed, but then again during the night he would return.
He has a night light on all night and a musical light which we put on just before he goes down for the night.
What can we do to stop him from coming into our bed each night. I don't wan't to start by leaving him there as I don't wan't him getting used to it plus he is a shocking sleeper, lol.
Can some-one please give me some friendly advice.
With thanks.........

kati

Hi there,

Try putting a kiddy gate in the door-that way he can get up, you can still hear him and he can see out of his room, but can't get into yours.

Good luck!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

Hi there
I have had some similar problems with my daughter since putting her in a bed. I have been reading a book called The no Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers by Elizabeth Pantley which has had some good tips. One of the things the author says is if the child is falling asleep with too much light in the room, when they wake up in the middle of the night and see the lights on they think its time to get up. Maybe trying a little less light in his room may help??
Good luck!

Amy, mum of 2y.o. and 2 month old

Sign in to follow this topic